Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from Texas

mwayne

Hello all, 53 YO man here, caught the astronomy bug as an 18 YO. I was a serious enthusiast for years with several scopes and binoculars stashed everywhere until inexorable family and career pressures forced a temporary end to my activities. Recently purchased a Celestron AVX mount with the 8" Newtonian scope option and waiting for our monsoon weather to end (this after years of extreme drought) so I can enjoy the skies again.

Forums didn't exist when I last was a regular observer and I'm looking forward to having the SGL as a resource.

That's it for now, thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL... Hope you enjoy the forums. Just seen the floods and tornado damage :eek: .. Hope you and yours are safe. You do realise though the weather curse of the new kit purchase...

Much thanks for the warm welcome! I don't post a lot but I'm sure I'll enjoy reading.

Dana, I'm trying to be a Rangers fan but since Nolan Ryan's force out it looks like mediocrity is the best we can expect.

Vikki, yes I live southeast of Dallas.

I'm trying to be a Rangers fan but since Nolan Ryan's force out it looks like mediocrity is the best we can expect.

his retirement/buyout was the worst thing to happen to the rangers. damn talented man there

Archived