Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Leeds

Padawan

Hi all , just to say hello from a Padawan in Leeds

I admit to being towards the older end of the spectrum , but this does mean I have (some) spare cash to spend on a lifelong attraction to astronomy.

Also with a background in amateur photography , photos through the telescope is looking irresistible

So , gone and splashed out on a celestron evo 8".

Looking at eyepieces , but in no hurry

Looking at CCDs but in no hurry

Really just wanted to say hello and REALLY importantly to say a massive thank you to the people who have been so very kind to post their distilled knowledge of the yrs. I've personally gained a huge push up the v steep learning curve , by lurking and listening to the message forum here - thank you so much !

I suspect in this area I will always be a Padawan , but who knows maybe one day I might post from my accumulated knowledge of the yrs !!!

This site is great..... Thanks again to all who are involved

Padawan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Padawan,

Warm welcome to SGL, that's a great scope to have. In addition to the dewshield above you wil need some dewstrips as the meniscus attracts dew like doggy doodoo attracts flies.

Fellow grey haired brigade.

Archived