Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from a passionate man in Yorkshire

urema

Howdy everyone!

Basically I am starting into the practical side of stargazing now soon (ive been rendered physically constrained for years, after fighting a muscular dystrophy and monetary problems). Over this time I have gained a reasonable theoretical knowledge of the Universe, I have spent a lot of time looking into books about the skies, as I was physically unable to leave a pursue variable terrain to climb to stargaze, so the best I have ever had is out my back yard. However I am able once more and itching to let my theory explode in practical outings!

Basically I wanted to say Hello, as all you people have your heads in the right frame of mind, pursuing the vastness of space with questions and wonder. And if it is possible could someone give me a link that indicates decent stargazing sites in Yorkshire? Want to start local and then travel the rest of Britain (and hopefully beyond) in search for sites and nature.

Thanks greatly, and it's nice to be a part of this fascinating space-oriented community forum and this perfect moment in time.

Thanks,

U.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all!

Glowjet, I am situated in Leeds. There is a considerable amount of LP around me; I have missed out on a lot :icon_eek:.

Do you know of anywhere that is good in Yorkshire?

Thanks,

U.

Hi U, I am a few miles out from the City of York, the light pollution is not too bad if I travel West from where I am located to my friends in the country, where the Milky Way is visible, the most popular place where the York Astro Soc have a Public meeting a couple times a year, is at the top of Sutton Bank at the visitors center :icon_eek:

John.

Archived