Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from a passionate man in Yorkshire

urema

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Glowjet - Yes I was thinking of moving West wards across Yorkshire, the mountainous regions will make it good (for stargazing maybe not weather!).

Venus_Is_My_Friend - For the stargazing I am willing to travel really any distance (for now just in Yorkshire to get to the sky). Creating a group of people to come together would be very beneficial especially for those like myself, that have a bit of theory and no practical experience. Do you have a few eager people from this Yorkshire region? Ilkley's surroundings look good for stargazing, is this so?

U.

Thanks for advice todd8137...Matlock shall be hit! :icon_eek: Im heading to the Peak District for a weeks travel (North to South) in June, so I'll exploit the LP-free environment!

U.

Thanks everybody....a darn warm welcome indeed!

You guys are extremely friendly and helpful, as I've seen from above and browsing. Brilliant community!

U. :icon_eek:

Hi Urema, and welcome (from Wakefield, originally Goole). Not tried - but I would imagine Otley Chevin is good for stargazing? If you can get further out to Ilkley, then the Moor-tops should be splendid...

I'm on top of a hill where I live, so I'm hoping to make the most of it when scope arrives in 2 weeks...

Cheers!

WakeyTiger - lucky you living on higher ground, and good luck with your new telescope...what are you getting by the way? I'm a beginner too (I wont be get a scope for a while mind you), but its good to see what other people are getting for different reasons.

Yes Ilkley was mentioned and I will be giving this a try....I'll check out Otley Chevin as well, thanks for the input.

U.

Hi U,

I've ordered a Skywatcher 200P on dobsonian mount, been researching scopes for over a year before I ordered, and I think they give great value for money, great reviews - and I wanted something 'manual' to learn the skies with...

Now all I have to do is find some 'shrinking glasses' for the missus to wear when it arrives... as it's quite a whopper!

(too many smutty jokes available, too little time...)

PS - being on a hill has it's disadvantages, as I love road cycling as well :D

Sounds good....yea I'm in constant research over a telescope as well!

Going down the hill is fine cycling, dunno about the other way lol!

Good luck with your gazing, I would interested to how the scope works out for you!

U.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived