Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Good Lady Is Gonna Kill Me...

elbatchman

Well, last week I took delivery of my Celestron 20x80 bins and had a few great nights outside sweeping the skies...I thought this would satisfy me (and the other half was praying it would!)...oh no. I used to have a 150mm Dob but due to circumstances I had to sell it on around four years ago. Trouble is the 20x80's have truly wetted my appetite again and luckily for me it is my birthday in June...so I'm thinking of pooling any birthday cash and going up to a 200mm Dob...just got to summon the courage to tell her now!!:D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, the problem you know your self deep down, is that it never stops their....then you HAVE to have that 32mm Negler..oh and you HAVE to have that Telrad...oo oo is that a "cheap" barlow i see? etc etc..

BUT IMO what's the point in earning it if you don't spend it sometimes on the things you enjoy doing?

Go for it...every one needs there own hobby :D

Good luck!

Michael

lol, the problem you know your self deep down, is that it never stops their....then you HAVE to have that 32mm Negler..oh and you HAVE to have that Telrad...oo oo is that a "cheap" barlow i see? etc etc..

BUT IMO what's the point in earning it if you don't spend it sometimes on the things you enjoy doing?

Go for it...every one needs there own hobby :)

Good luck!

Michael

I agree, can't take it with you :D

I agree with msincairinork and kev 102 42, and do both!....i spend my hard earned cash on my hobbies and got divorced which allows me to do my hobbies to the max.

Since divorce i have a fishing boat and a 200p dob and all the time i what to do my hobbies....bliss

best way i find is tell her you want to do something extreme like fit a world war 1 aiplane gunner turret upside down sticking out the roof (they make aerial views awesome and 360°) obviously loose the guns! or a 150mm dob will keep you happy for now :) she will give the later a blessing B)

BallTurretgunner.jpg

Advice from a female - just get it without telling her.

When you get the silent treatment or being shouted out - you won't hear, you'll be too busy in the garden with your new scope !!

lol

LOL, thanks for the replies, some have really made me chuckle! I think I'll be ok, I have a few months to build up some brownie points before I make my purchase:hello2::)

However, in the event that I am the recipient of a black eye or two I shall post the pics up on the Imaging board...next to the pics of my new scope!B)

Hi

A 200mm dobs is a good choice anything smaller is no good it a light polluted area

so you tell her you are getting a 300mm :eek:then compomise and get the 200mm ,you both win B):)

Doug

Essex

The night before the purchase, Buy her some flowers, a treatment to a Spa.

My wife is pretty cool about letting me get my toys. Last summer I told her I wanted to buy a Boat. She was all for it. Then a 4 wheeler to take on my hunting trips, no problem. Then when I told her I wanted a 10" Dob, She went online with me and told me to buy the 12". I didn't complain

Advice from a female - just get it without telling her.

When you get the silent treatment or being shouted out - you won't hear, you'll be too busy in the garden with your new scope !!

lol

Bad advice, I ordered a goto mount on the quiet. It turned up at home whilst I was at work. Wife went mental, told me to get rid of it, stop the astronomy as it was obsessive and boring for her and get a life. Failing that get a divorce.

Told me none of our friends liked it they just humoured me and she wanted a normal husband.

We have talked things through and I have agreed to spend less time in the garden, and for the time being have kept the goto mount.

She is right, it can become a selfish and expensive hobby if your not careful.

I just have to get the balance right now...

Archived