Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What have i got myself into

Andy79

Hi everyone at sgl!!

Iv been navigating my way around this site for a couple of weeks now and have to say this seems to be the most friendliest forum iv ever joined!! Everyone seems willing to offer their expertise and knowledge at the drop of a hat,which is just aswell really because i am a complete and utter beginner to say the least!

Iv always been interested in the skys and its took me this long to take the plunge..iv just bought my first ever scope after reading good reviews on here and other sites for a good starter scope..its a skywatcher explorer 150pl eq3-2,in fact its being delivered this week and cant wait!!

Im interested in planet observation and im a bit embarassed because i dont know my constalations from my left elbow (sorry guys).

I would like to at some point get into photography....but thats another story,i can see this being an expensive hobby!!

Im looking forward to it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy and welcome to the group :)

The 150pl is a great scope to start your journey around the universe. I hope you enjoy it. You're bound to have lots of questions as you get going and the people here are top notch at providing sensible and friendly advice. So welcome aboard and let us know how you get on.

Mark

Yeah, quite a profound statement about the friendliness here. I'm hitting my tenth year on forums and I've run a fair few myself. I've been in some very tight-knit communities but none so friendly. Perhaps it's to do with the subject - just as say... gaming forums invite competitive types?

Hi Andy and welcome to SGL :)

That's a great scope to start with - my first one was a 150P EQ3-2 and I loved it. I second the idea of downloading Stellarium or Cartes du Ciel - you'll soon pick up the constellations and their annual movements across the sky :(

Archived