SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is Anyone Actually Getting Any Viewing Done?

bigglesdad

didn't have a chance to use mine for like forever, so a clear sky the other night i though what a heck, I'd pull my 200p out to the balcony just to let it get some fresh air.

got about 20 minutes of viewing after cooling, and realised I could barely move the OTA around, cause the gears were so stiff for some reason. checked the thermometer.. alrighty.. -23C. ouch..

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Not since Christmas day visual at inlaws.

Before that, 6th Dec.

Before that, twice in November, and a few nights (4 to 8 ish) in October.

The trend looks like I'm due a clear night anytime now and then that's it until June...

Good News. My weather maps show HIGH Pressure coming in to the SW from Sunday 27th Feb for a couple of days with clear skys. ie: 10% cloud. then going downhill again. If I am right, you heard it here first.

Any WELSH VALLEY group folks should check the community page :)

With little exception, the few clear nights were either deathly cold or too windy.

Painfully true.

I thought I'd suddenly become vulnerable to inclement weather this year, but nah, it's just been the crappiest winter in, well... a long, long time.

Doom and gloom may be on the horizon if the government have there way.You think the cloud is a problem in this country.The government plan to increase british summer time by 2 hours (normally 1 hour)in the near future,so viewing in the early evening will be a thing of the past.Not good at all:(.

Dave....

Archived