Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is Anyone Actually Getting Any Viewing Done?

bigglesdad

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just popped out the back door quickly. I just saw 1 star! :) ... looked briefly down as someone's security light had just gone off and by the time I looked up it was gone. Swallowed up by the evil clouds :o

The view from my garden is quite interesting.

Basically looking up gives a view that appears like a dusty orange painted ceiling about 50-100 meters high. Even the moon doesn't get a look through.

*sigh*

been out twice since christmas...not happy, got my dob all set up with setting circles and it keeps looking out me begging for some fresh air, but on a brighter note i'm moving in about 3 weeks and this time will have a nice dark garden .......oh well more cloud then

We had 10mins of clear skies in Feb. A couple of hours in Jan. Some clear spells in Oct/Nov/Dec but they came with the worst seeing/transparency i've ever experienced. So have to go back to early September 2010 since my last decent obs night and a proper good nights observing back another month again to mid August.

Surely it can't last for too much longer? And i won't be willing on the winter nights this year.

Archived