Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from SW France

Orion_the_Hunter

Hi, I'm from Manchester (England) but I currently live in SW France.

When I was about 6 years old, my parents bought me a book called 'SECRETS OF THE SKY', 28 years later and I LOVE ASTRONOMY AND THE SKY.

I was recently diagnosed with an illness which has left me serverely physically disabled and unable to work. So I thought it's about time to spend more time doing what I love.

I don't have a 'scope YET, I'll probably be ANOTHER poster with a 'Which scope' thread on these forums.

I have been using SL as a helpful source of info for a few years now, thanks everyone.:)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice relaxing way to do astronomgy, Welcome to SGL.

Tommorow, I am going to town centre to get Left Turn at Orion, My wife is gonna buy a sleeping bag for when we go to a meet. Hopefully soon.

Hi Orion and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of gear out there and I think you are wise to do the 'homework' first as it is about getting the right gear that can meet your expectations. You've certainly come to the right place for advice!

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Archived