Gidday from Wellington

walt_D

Gidday - I'm Dave from Wellington down here in NZ. I have been reading your posts for many months amongst several sites but I registered with Stargazers because you all seem so keen to provide useful information to newcomers. You have certainly helped me with my purchase - a CPC800. I have been keenly relying on binoculars for the last 3 years but this is my first telescope.

My wife has texted this morning to say the boxes have arrived! I can't wait to get home and have a play, although (as tradition seems to dictate), we are completely clouded over down here in Wellington today :)

cheers, dave.P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Yes the smell of new cardboard boxes that have yet to be opened - Heaven!!! Of course they're delivered with a free selection of clouds which are non returnable of course.

Wishing you clear skies soon for the new scope.

James

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!

The weather hasn't improved here in Wellington (sounds like I need to head over the hill - thanks Lightbucket) but grey skies haven't dulled the fun of getting everything set up and focussed on some terrestrial landmarks. Wow the CPC is even bigger than I had expected, but that can only be a bonus. I can hardly wait for clear skies and stargazing to commence :)

cheers, dave.P

Gidday - I'm Dave from Wellington down here in NZ. I have been reading your posts for many months amongst several sites but I registered with Stargazers because you all seem so keen to provide useful information to newcomers. You have certainly helped me with my purchase - a CPC800. I have been keenly relying on binoculars for the last 3 years but this is my first telescope.

My wife has texted this morning to say the boxes have arrived! I can't wait to get home and have a play, although (as tradition seems to dictate), we are completely clouded over down here in Wellington today ;)

cheers, dave.P

LOL,

And here's me thinking all the clouds just whirlpooled onto the UK :D

Welcome to the forum :)

Archived