NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hello from Geordieland

geordieskies

hello from Geordieland, I'm just embarking on some "proper" skywatching and awaiting delivery of my first "real" telescope. I'm hoping to get some clear skies up here in Tyneside over the next few months so I can check out what's up there. I've visited SGL quite a few times over the last few weeks and I'd like to thank everyone for their input which has helped me make decide which 'scope to buy. Cheers :-)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Brantuk and l'il john. I decided to take the easy route and I've ordered the Skyliner 200P. There's a lot of light polution where I live so I will be driving a few miles to better skies. The Skyliner isn't too big to transport and should be a doddle to set up. As I don't own a DSLR or a webcam/laptop I'm not worried about taking pics although I have dabbled in that area in the past and taken some reasonable (imho) pics of the Leonids (2002). The lunar eclipse (2007) and general moon shots using a Canon Powershot G2 and a G9. Both of these cameras have a maximum shutter speed of 15 seconds so long exposures and/or tracking aren't important to me (yet). I might try a few planetary photos through the Skyliner. cheers

Archived