Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thanks Mike.....

daz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike was first to arrive and virtually the last to leave. When I left at 3.00pm today, Mike looked exhausted through all the effort he put in. So, a big thanks from me to Mike, and also to everyone who was there, who all played our part in making it the most friendly star party I've been to.

Here's looking forward to next year..........................

Steve

Fantastic Mike. Everything about the event was perfect. You've put in a massive amount of work. Hope you've got some finger nails left. Thanks to Helen as well for her contribution.

The next SP you go to you can sit back drink in hand and grumble about shoddy organisation!

It was the tireless dedication of Mike that made SGL5 simply perfect. Thanks so much for everything you did. I'm definately coming to SGL6!

If you need any help in organising anything Mike, just give me a ring.

Three cheers for Mike - Hip, hip...

I agree with all that has been said – very well organised & I had a great time. My first Star Party but definitely not my last, thanks to everyone for making a newbie welcome. Will have to make the effort to dismantle my obsy next time and bring some decent gear with me, may help to reduce equipment envy.....

Special thanks to Lulu57 & the campervan crew for wine, conversation, telescope viewing, wine, IS binocular envy, more wine & strange word game – hope to see you all at the next one.:D

Mick

Just fired up the laptop and catching up with work related issuesd (while processing and stacking stuff in the background). What an awesome weekend, couldnt have asked for more. Many thanks to Mike and Helen and everyone else involved with organising it all.

CHEERS Mike your a star butty,THANKS Helen and jean for looking after me and filled up with coffe and costing me £500 when i got home i orderd a solar scope......roll on SLG6..............KEV and a MEGA BIG THANKS TO BILLY AKA PETER for taking me up Diolch pete

No worries Nick :D it was all a bit busy, I'll be in touch!

Helen

Thanks Helen, my mind is a sieve at the moment...went off to get a hairdryer for Daz to sort out his dew...and completely forgot by the time I got back to my tent, after being distracted by a 20" Dob...:-)

Thanks Mike for all the hard work making SGL5 so successful. I decide to use the 4" frac on Friday but I had to go home to pick up the 10" Dob for saturday's viewing. So glad I did. Tracked down Caldwell 3 and 7 and then had my best view of M81 and M82. Finally grabbed the DSOs in Virgo (markarian chain) - what a weekend. Also thanks for the enjoyable lectures.

Finally great to meet so many friends both new and old - see you next year if not before.

Mark

Yeah thanks mike and everyone else who made it a top weekend

Tanya and I met alot of really nice people and appriciate the use of your scopes.

We really did have a top weekend and thanks again

Teddy n Tanya

A big thank-you Mike. We had a great weekend. Perfect weather, perfect company. You really are a nice bunch of people esp. our 'neighbours' Carl & Steph, Stefski, Nick and Richie, Martyn, Ian , Peter Shah, Stephen Green, etc. Thanks for making us feel so welcome. And Nick, thanks for showing me the delights of comet hunting, - sorry about the outbreak of aperture fever.

Thanks again, Kev & Mush

Thank you Mike, :D

You put in a ridiculous amount of effort and it all paid off for the extremely smooth running of the event. It was brilliant.

Looking through this thread I can't believe how many people I didn't meet that were there - strange, seeing as I met SO MANY people!

Andrew

A Massive thank you to Mike for organising a great event. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. And roll on SGL6 :D

Meeting and chatting to everyone just made the weekend so thanks everyone.

Jordan

went off to get a hairdryer for Daz to sort out his dew...and completely forgot by the time I got back to my tent...

Sat there for hours with wet hair. Will take me ages to get the frizz out....... :D

So great to see old friends again, and meet some new ones.

As far as astronomy goes, I didn't find a single one of my targets. What with the dew, old age and lack of ambition, I just gave up. BUT I DON'T CARE! I had a great time looking thru other people's scopes. Special thanks to Mutley for M13 through the 20".

The fact that we enjoyed ourselves so much without a single astronomical achievement says a lot about SGL5 and Mike's untiring efforts. Thanks Mike!

Dana and Marion

Archived