Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

42" omg

astrokat

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us all bow our heads in respect for the latest tragic victim of aperture fever...

Edit: It's nice of them to throw in a free copy of the Starry Night software. I wasn't going to lash out $123,000 on a telescope, but getting $50 of software thrown might just tip me over the edge.

these things look awesome but really just make me laugh. I can imagine my wife's face when that arrived and I try and cram it in the study. yes, darling, no worries, I'll sleep in it.......I think when you need a cherry picker truck to look through a lens you know you've gone over the edge.:headbang:

SERIOUSLY..................when is a scope too big that it is just pure overkill.

Ive seen 20" Obsession scopes that really need to be housed ontop of mountains above the clouds.

Investing in this stuff to use from your back garden MUST be a complete waste of money.

If it cost 5,000 i STILL would not buy.

Investing in this stuff to use from your back garden MUST be a complete waste of money.

I think you're probably right. This guy is in Belgium if I remember rightly?? I imagine you'd (he'd) get much more observing value out a 12-18" 'portable' dob, and lots of plane tickets to decent observing locations!

However, I can see the appeal to *building* a telescope like that ;)

Archived