Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL5 Chat Thread

MikeP

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been leafing through some old brochures and I've come across some 1980's Celestron ones which contain some of the infamous "Celestron Girls": Here are some examples from Phil Harrington's web site:

http://www.philharrington.net/c-girls.jpg

Thankfully those days are behind us now but I did wonder if we could poke some fun at this at SGL5 and compile our own equally cheesy catalogue of "SGL members & their equipment" - maybe even do a calendar :)

I'm game for this but I'm not bringing a bikini !.

Probably a daft idea - shows I'm a bid bored with waiting for the great event !.

Yep he has Tau 40k, plus his mate is coming and he has space marines...

Excellent! I'll pack me stuff! If you see a 39 year old crying it's because he's been well and truely thrased in his first game!

Mrs Daz has come down with something painful in her abdomen - and we're not sure what it is..... :)

She has a doctors appontment tomorrow to get it checked. Of course, I hope it's nothing serious as she'll be on her own from Thursday morning onwards.....!!

Tell me I have my priorities right....???

Mrs Daz has come down with something painful in her abdomen - and we're not sure what it is..... :)

She has a doctors appontment tomorrow to get it checked. Of course, I hope it's nothing serious as she'll be on her own from Thursday morning onwards.....!!

Tell me I have my priorities right....???

please give her my best, Daz, hope she feels better soon.

oh and dont worry if you do have to stay at home We can still take andrew so he can tell you all about it on our return :):p

I was thinking............ Wednesday evening is looking like its gonna be a clear evening. so.....would it be possible to get to the campsite on the wednesday evening?

Also, will anyone else be there?

cheers

Neil

Yes, I'll be there plus one other member.

If you want to go, give the site a call and say you are part of the star party group and want an extra night. You'll have to pay the site direct for that night - I think it is £17.

Mike

PS Could you reply to my emails about meal choices - PM me if you did not get them.

Nice one....

You bringing the Clio hot rod with you??

Yes although the OM's offer of borrowing the 990cc Kia Picanto 1 is tempting... as the Petrol will be 1/3rd of the cost... although with Kev and Myself in it it would be "Cosy" to say the least...

I might park it a bit further away from the rally field this time as it was a nightmare crawilng out without lights on last time... although I will have My NV scope with me this time just in case...

Peter...

Will be there earlier now on Friday...swapped some days over... anyone fancy babysitting an F15 refractor? :-)..

I am only bringing the new NEQ3 for my small imaging rig and to take the solar scopes...so the F15 may need something a bit bigger...like an HEQ5 or 6, if anyone really does want to have a good gander with it

Archived