Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL5 Chat Thread

MikeP

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I joined this site I just wanted to dip in for a little info and advice. It never occurred to me that astronomy could be social. So I just wanted to say how much I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Fingers crossed on the weather front...

On a separate matter - anyone bringing kids with them to SGL5??? - I'll have both mine with me (2 and a half going on 4 and a 6 year old...)

James

Fingers crossed on the weather front...

On a separate matter - anyone bringing kids with them to SGL5??? - I'll have both mine with me (2 and a half going on 4 and a 6 year old...)

James

Yup, I'm bringing mine. :D We're all joined at the hip....:(

My James (12) and Josh (10) will be there on the Thursday night and possibly the Friday night as well..Perhaps one of us should bring a football as long as it is kept a long way away from the telescopes!

Mark

Hi All,

I've just booked up - decided that I can't afford to miss this event this year :) Holiday was the issue originally, but as I've got remote access, I am sure I can work from a tent just as well as from home.

Looking forward to it - see you all there!

Cheers,

Richie

I've sent out an email to all attendees. If you don't get it, PM me but please check your spam folders first.

There are two further emails: one in respect of the evening takeaway on Thursday and the other in respect of the evening takeaway on Saturday. You will only receive the emails if you expressed interest in those meals.

Time I started making my own list of stuff to take.

Mike

Where is the nearest Supermarket ? Any local knowledge would be handy. Also, I'm bringing my runners (as per usual) so anyone fancy a 10-12km (or more) cruise pace run over the weekend, I'd be happy to join.

10km is probably a bit far for me on foot. I bike 12km each way to work, but that's a bike. I will bring some suitable attire in any case and play it by ear.

Rik

Archived