Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring? V2

Grant

Well blow me down with a Feather(touch).

Thanks to @steppenwolf, my SV 140mm refractor will before long be adorned with the ultimate focuser. Not sure what to do with the extant one, SV native 3.5” I believe, but it has very much the feel of Baader Diamond Steeltrack about it.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s made by the same.

Also @bosun21 for the Morpheus 12.5, which may well oust my Ethos 13.

And a couple of eBay delights, a BCO 6 and an old “25x” Zeiss microscope eyepiece that cost very little.

Magnus

IMG_3855.jpeg

Edited by Captain Scarlet
  • Like 21

5 minutes ago, Captain Scarlet said:

Well blow me down with a Feather(touch).

Thanks to @steppenwolf, my SV 140mm refractor will before long be adorned with the ultimate focuser. Not sure what to do with the extant one, SV native 3.5” I believe, but it has very much the feel of Baader Diamond Steeltrack about it.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s made by the same.

Also @bosun21 for the Morpheus 12.5, which may well oust my Ethos 13.

And a couple of eBay delights, a BGO 6 and an old “25x” Zeiss microscope eyepiece that cost very little.

Magnus

IMG_3855.jpeg

My goodness me Magnus, that FT is big, I can so no feather in this ones touch 😉

• Like 1

Care package from SVBONY arrived today.  No SV215 though. Already got that eyepiece.

Got a swanky new handle for the 102ED, a finder shoe, and a cannon m48 adaptor so I can try imaging with the DSLR again.

Standout so far is the SV223 2" twist lock dielectric diagonal.  Very little information on it, but given the quality of most of their recent gear I figured it would be worth a punt at £98.  It appears to be the same as the "ALTAIR PREMIUM POSITIVE LOCK DIAGONAL DIELECTRIC 2"

Have to say that the build quality is fantastic.  The twist lock feels very competent, the inside looks very dark too.  Minimum clear aperture is about 43-44mm using a bit of paper and a ruler to check.

Very happy with my haul.

PXL_20240321_202038933.jpg

PXL_20240321_202003043.jpg

PXL_20240321_201842385.jpg

• Like 20

Very nice , what is there not to love about Astro goodies...:thumbsup:

Love that red handle.......I need/ want  one of those for sure. Where did it come from  please ?

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Be very interesting to hear how it compares to your lower FL LVW's

There will be a review. Svbony v LVW (8, 5, 3.5), SLV (6), TOE (4, 3.3), Ortho (7, 6, 4), Nirvana (7, 4).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

There will be a review. Svbony v LVW (8, 5, 3.5), SLV (6), TOE (4, 3.3), Ortho (7, 6, 4), Nirvana (7, 4).

Looking forward to that one.

Before the end of 2026, perhaps, with current weather patterns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Saganite said:

Very nice , what is there not to love about Astro goodies...:thumbsup:

Love that red handle.......I need/ want  one of those for sure. Where did it come from  please ?

Svbony sv211 handle.  Very nicely made and can also be used to hold a finder/guide scope. Though I now might have to get a red dovetail to match lol.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ratlet said:

Svbony sv211 handle.  Very nicely made and can also be used to hold a finder/guide scope. Though I now might have to get a red dovetail to match lol.

Already have the red dovetail and red rings...:grin:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Saganite said:

You are an awful tease lol.  Could you at least let me know where you got the rings 😂?

• Haha 1

PrimaLuce rings at Rother Valley Optics. I can't help as the spare set I have are 115mm, too big for your scope. They also do a gorgeous red anodised dovetail plate.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saganite said:

PrimaLuce rings at Rother Valley Optics. I can't help as the spare set I have are 115mm, too big for your scope. They also do a gorgeous red anodised dovetail plate.  

Don't think I can stretch to Primaluce!  Found something more in my price range 😂

31Pc7QBp2fS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp

• Haha 7

20 hours ago, Zermelo said:

Looking forward to that one.

Before the end of 2026, perhaps, with current weather patterns.

I do love an optimist. 🙄🤭

Dave

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Saganite said:

Steve,

I fear you may be turning into a Blingon..

Don't worry, I won't tell Mr Spock..😉😁

Dave 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Steve,

I fear you may be turning into a Blingon..

Don't worry, I won't tell Mr Spock..😉😁

Dave 

Depends how much of a nerd you are.  By using red rings, dovetail and handle on the scope it'll lower the focal ratio because DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA WAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!

(Probably cheaper going for the rings than Warhammer though)

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u5.jpg

• Haha 2

This arrived, just a short while ago, via DPD. He still had several more deliveries, very long day he has had and I do not envy him. Nice fella though. :smiley:

IMG_20240323_191657_62-Copy.thumb.jpg.b46d0083335b20c4944a3be0eda82111.jpg

Counterweight for my Sightron Alt Az mount. Now how far dare I push the mount, now balance should be less of a problem? :icon_scratch: 

Edit: From FLO: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-star-adventurer/skywatcher-star-adventurer-counterweight-kit.html

Thanks guys for the usual quick delivery.

Edited by Greymouser
  • Like 7

Self postman this time, but just got myself a beautiful pad with pencil holders for logging/sketching my sessions 😍 (I will switch out the pencils, of course)

20240324_151422.jpg

• Like 11

I played courier myself with a trip out.

Got myself a very new OOUK VX6, in pristine condition, very pleased and just need first light…. So I will report back by 2026 😉

IMG_8078.thumb.jpeg.5ad88c0ad3b7669ee4eb3a75f053e669.jpeg

The reason for a 6” Newtonian, well convenience, weight, the extra aperture and I can sit in a position that presently suits my back issues that are ongoing.
Sometimes a change is made for us by circumstances, but sometimes it’s a good change anyhow and I expect this one to be so.

Edited by Alan White
Picture added
  • Like 17

And the next delivery instalment from me, not me, not Postie but APC today.

A SW150pl f8 new in the SW mini sale, got sent a f5 at start and now swapped for the f8 ordered.

This was an itch that I needed to scratch and depending on my finding may become the shortened home for my f5.9 hinds mirror …. Watch this space.

IMG_8097.thumb.jpeg.aa934d057069e41bfe6337bc71e91c03.jpeg

IMG_8100.thumb.jpeg.6784662fb040f4faf9d8ce90fd2273cc.jpeg

And little and large compared.

IMG_8102.thumb.jpeg.700f3c4f1cf5e309ff6a36f704881f39.jpeg

• Like 15

On 05/03/2024 at 15:52, plyscope said:

Here it is, sadly on the table and not on the mount. I will try and get better pics when I get to use it.

IMG_1533.JPG.fb1b9183b05512dfc1246af03bbbca1e.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG.c1f4e0887a1ba66c4315061f1e69046c.JPG

Looks great! I am guessing that is a Vixen dovetail and not a Losmandy?