Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm Back Again.

Hello again to all SGL members and  Staff.

I did return some time ago, but  I have  suffered some setbacks which rendered me 
house bound, and an invalid for all intents and purposes.  However, I have delved back into my Observatory,
and set about re-commisioning my setup.
However, things are not the same as when I had everything in place a couple of years ago, and I have hit a few snags.

My scope is still on the mount as I left it, but I need to feed all the extras with up yto date drivers.
Unfortunately I can't locate the Mount Driver, as it in no longer residing where it used to be online.
My Mount it the Skywatcher EQ6 R Pro, and 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

15 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Hi Wookie, Thanks for the Listing, but my mount has no usb Connector on  board, and I use a planetarium for my astronomy, I  plug the mount into my Laptop and choose targets from my Starry Night Programme.  Not sure If the list you provided  has a suitable download. I do appreciate your help Mate.

Ron

• Like 1

I cannot help on the mount front, sorry.
But a solid Hello Ron, nice to see you are back again, sorry the set backs stopped you in your tracks.

I am sure some of the electronic whizzes will help you sort the mount out, its not an old one after all.

• Like 2

Hope so Alan, I'm out of touch after a longish layoff, things have changed so much..
Hopefully I will  get an answer soon.  I have a hand controller that was supplied with the Mount, but I have nevr used
it.    Thanks for your reply though.

Ron.

Edited by barkis
Spelll error
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, barkis said:

Hi Wookie, Thanks for the Listing, but my mount has no usb Connector on  board, and I use a planetarium for my astronomy, I  plug the mount into my Laptop and choose targets from my Starry Night Programme.  Not sure If the list you provided  has a suitable download. I do appreciate your help Mate.

Ron

You may need the Ascom driver from the link provided by @wookie1965 which can be found directly here: https://skywatcher.com/download/software/ascom-driver/

It would be useful if you could describe the issue you are having - in what way the software/mount combination is not working. The name of the planetarium software might also be relevant to solving the issue.

Hello barkis and welcome back. As you are not using the handset, are you connecting to your pc with an eqmod cable plugged into the handset port? As such you will need both the eqmod and ascom drivers. Some while ago I made a note of a youtube video which I found useful and it may help blow a few cobwebs off..... have a search for beginers guide to setting up and using ascom to control your astrophotography gear by Hogarths astrophotography. I had a quick look and it showed where to find drivers from. Hope it helps and all the best.

Edited by M40
  • Like 1

Good to see you back again @barkis.  I used to connect to my AZEQ6 via laptop using an FTDI cable and controlled the mount through Stellarium or Cartes Du Ciel.  I swapped over to using an ASiAir a while back so my knowledge may be a bit rusty but I think as @M40 said above the drivers were basically all on the EQ Mod web site.  From what I remember you also needed EQMOD running in the background even when using the planetarium.  Do you still have the FTDI cable to connect your laptop to the mount?

FTDI Cable

EQMOD

Edited by saac

14 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Hi Ron, what a pleasure to see you back. I'm useless on the IT side and love mounts with handsets! They really are easy to use.

Olly

I wish I was as useless as you Olly.
You are among imagers elite.
 🙂

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Steve said:

Hi Ron. Hope you are well 🙂

So Nice to be back Steve. I am so pleased with the welcome I've received from members.
My previous appearance was very short, as I was hit with a worsening of my post Op. problems, and other complaints.
Much better now though.   
I'm trying to get my setup up and working again, but so many changes in the software have taken place, 
and my older brain is struggling🙂.
Ron.

3 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Hello Ron glad you are okay. I cannot help with the query  but just wanted to say hello. 

Cheers Mark.    I'm delighted to be back.

Welcome back and best of luck with the health issues.

You 'll need to explain a bit more about the problems you're having, maybe post a picture of how the mount is connected, also any error messages you are getting.

In theory, even if out of date, all should still work ?

On 23/05/2023 at 20:13, M40 said:

Hello barkis and welcome back. As you are not using the handset, are you connecting to your pc with an eqmod cable plugged into the handset port? As such you will need both the eqmod and ascom drivers. Some while ago I made a note of a youtube video which I found useful and it may help blow a few cobwebs off..... have a search for beginers guide to setting up and using ascom to control your astrophotography gear by Hogarths astrophotography. I had a quick look and it showed where to find drivers from. Hope it helps and all the best.

Many thanks for the advice, I appreciate your input, and I will  have  a looksee in beginners guide as you say.
Ron.

Just had a thought having seen software that may or may not be inviolved in the changes that have taken place in my absence.
Software prog. l have seen called GS Server  may be required to be installed.   I'm totally in the dark on this ,
but taking notes of what information other members have kindly given me.

Ron.

13 hours ago, barkis said:

l have seen called GS Server  may be required to be installed.

Hi Ron,

GS is Green Swamp Server, a funny name for software that can be used in place of EQMOD.

It gets rave reviews, but if EQMOD is what you've used before and nothing else has changed then it should continue to work. It's just an alternative interface between ASCOM and your mount control software.

There is a lot of info on the Web about GSS on the Web. I don't use it so can't offer much help in that regard.