Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm Back Again.

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

Welcome back Ron @barkis, great to see you back on your feet again. Stu

Thanks for the welcome Stu. It's been a long journey back to better health, but  
in spite of the problems the NHS are having to cope with, they got me back on my feet.
and it's  great to be back on SGL, which also great therapy.
Best Wishes.
Ron.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul M said:

Hi Ron,

GS is Green Swamp Server, a funny name for software that can be used in place of EQMOD.

It gets rave reviews, but if EQMOD is what you've used before and nothing else has changed then it should continue to work. It's just an alternative interface between ASCOM and your mount control software.

There is a lot of info on the Web about GSS on the Web. I don't use it so can't offer much help in that regard.

Thanks a lot Paul, your explanation has given me a better insight, hopefully I can get my
setup up and running again. 🙂
Ron.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello folks.
                   I need some advice on updating my Mount Firmware.
I am having to use  USB EQ Direct   method, but I need some advice  regarding this  procedure. I have the Firmware  File 
placed in a folder with a  SYNSCAN  label,  but I need to direct it via. Com Port 4.  I presume the file will need opening before I despatch it 
to  my Controller, and on to the mount Card.

It is the latter part of this operation I don't understand, so If anyone can help here, I would be grateful.
Best Wishes all.
Ron.

On 15/06/2023 at 16:17, barkis said:

Hello folks.
                   I need some advice on updating my Mount Firmware.
I am having to use  USB EQ Direct   method, but I need some advice  regarding this  procedure. I have the Firmware  File 
placed in a folder with a  SYNSCAN  label,  but I need to direct it via. Com Port 4.  I presume the file will need opening before I despatch it 
to  my Controller, and on to the mount Card.

It is the latter part of this operation I don't understand, so If anyone can help here, I would be grateful.
Best Wishes all.
Ron.

Panic off, I've managed to suss out how to load the Firmware. I was thinking I needed a bit
of  hardware, but thankfully the FW Loader is  a software upload.
The old brain has slowed somewhat, but I managed to nudge it awake  😁.

On 17/06/2023 at 21:21, barkis said:

The old brain has slowed somewhat, but I managed to nudge it awake  😁.

It’ll start racing once you’ve loosened up a few cells.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

After  long time head scratching trying to get my Observatory kit up and running, I finally
succeeded yesterday.

I tried GS Sever instead of EQMOD, but no success there either, my computer just froze on me.
Reading through the Ascom diagnostic Prog. it stated there was only one fail, but  I couldn't 
pinpoint what the hell it was 
There was some info about that windows 11 was known to kick some programmes into touch,
so  I bought a used Dell laptop from an Ebay seller for £54.  lt was loaded with Windows7 Professional
I installed Ascom 65, Eqmod, Equascom Driver, and Lo and Behold, success .
I'm happy as Larry, but I would like to get to the bottom of why it is Win11 is failing.
I've no Idea why my Asus Laptop is failing to accept the software but I will continue to investigate for the
reason, safe in knowing that at least the system is up and running via an older computer.

Edited by barkis
  • Like 1