Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2022 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

Hi Derek,  wee bit of news both Dawn and myself have covid, just been tested positive, hopefully all clear for the camp but will keep you updated, gonna be real passed if not, so far we ain't to bad fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, jamie56 said:

Hi Derek,  wee bit of news both Dawn and myself have covid, just been tested positive, hopefully all clear for the camp but will keep you updated, gonna be real passed if not, so far we ain't to bad fingers crossed 

Oh dear! Hope you neither of you suffer too badly. I am sure you will be fine by the time of the SP. Get well soon

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jamie56 said:

I hope you both get over it without too much trouble or bad symptoms. Get well soon and hope you both are fighting fit on the day. At least if you have to get it, better now than  just at the start of the star camp.

I'll get some yellow and red  striped warning tape and Covid Warning Signs to section off your caravan area. 😈

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Physopto said:

I hope you both get over it without too much trouble or bad symptoms. Get well soon and hope you both are fighting fit on the day. At least if you have to get it, better now than  just at the start of the star camp.

I'll get some yellow and red  striped warning tape and Covid Warning Signs to section off your caravan area. 😈

Fk the tape just remember the pies, I'll be expecting free booze as well to help keep ma spirits up, 😉 

• Haha 2

Just booked me and Steve an extra day, so will be there on the Wednesday till Sunday...hopefully his 20" will grace us....with my 18 and Damo's 22 the Dob mob will suck all the photons out the sky😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, estwing said:

Just booked me and Steve an extra day, so will be there on the Wednesday till Sunday...hopefully his 20" will grace us....with my 18 and Damo's 22 the Dob mob will suck all the photons out the sky😎

Does that mean I can sell some extra pies... 😈

Wee bit of info.

Only 10-11 days left to the begining of the Camp. 😀

As we all wlil be aware the weather is pants at present, BUT........

Several Long Range Forcasts are showing that the weather is supposed to clear up a bit around the 22nd- 23rd until towards the end of the month.

And...

There are several night showing up as possibly clear after that.

I will of course keep an eye on things.

So I hope that cheers us all up a bit for the Star Camp.

No matter how it turns out it will be great to meet up with Old Friends and forge friendships with New attendees.

All being well Leslie will warm up the pies and I will sort out gravy and peas for Friday night.

Some prizes have been kindly donated and some bought for the planned Raffle.

Please remember Covid has not gone away entirely and still poses some problems, as unfortunately Jim and Dawn can attest to.

About 1 in 30 people still are infected in the UK, so we may well have one or two people unknowingly with COVID at the camp.

Please try to keep a safe distance, should be easy as we are in a huge field.😇

Stay well, stay safe.

See you all there.

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2022 at 20:13, Pixies said:

Well - I'm saying 2 on the night. As I don't want to be left out!

I don't believe it1

image.png.efae7493ffadbd1efc432d479ef1bc70.png

I'm actually Monday - Friday, so I'll be away by Pie Night! I'll take my 2 away with me, then...

• Sad 1

On 10/11/2022 at 14:14, Physopto said:

Wee bit of info.

Several Long Range Forcasts are showing that the weather is supposed to clear up a bit around the 22nd- 23rd until towards the end of the month.

And...

No matter how it turns out it will be great to meet up with Old Friends and forge friendships with New attendees.

All being well Leslie will warm up the pies and I will sort out gravy and peas for Friday night.

Please remember Covid has not gone away entirely and still poses some problems, as unfortunately Jim and Dawn can attest to.

About 1 in 30 people still are infected in the UK, so we may well have one or two people unknowingly with COVID at the camp.

Stay well, stay safe.

See you all there.

Who are you calling Old - pot and kettle come to mind.

What items would you like for prizes? Bound to be more drink than you could shake a stick at! Astro bits and bobs?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Anything useful and relevant I supose.

We also need a case of beer.

And

The Booby Prize I am thinking of may be a Mouldy  Pie 🤣

😀

Booby Prize - Mmmm…. let me think, one of your framed astro images - that no one has Ever seen😇😇

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Wee bit of info.

And...

Stay well, stay safe.

See you all there.

Mind iam no wanting lumpy gravy, Derek 

• Confused 1

Wee bit of info.

And...

Stay well, stay safe.

See you all there.

Hope Annette is doing the gravy, yours would no doubt be lumpy.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, jamie56 said:

Might need to borrow a counter weight, if anyone has a spare can't seem to get them from flo or Rother Valley, 

Will 2.5 Kg be enough?  I have one cobbled up from a gym type weight which will lock on the shaft.  I have others, but they will need to be sandwiched to keep them in place, they were made for a large diameter shaft.  This assumes I'm still coming.   I may have to cancel later next week - my wife had a thumb operation a week ago which turned out to be more invasive than expected.  So she may not be able to drive during the week of the star party, in which case I'll have to stay home to ferry her about .   Last minute cancellation unfortunately 😞   If so unless Derek knows about a replacement, I'll sort out something with Lesley.  But for the moment fingers crossed, stitches out next Thursday.

Cheers,

Peter.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, petevasey said:

Will 2.5 Kg be enough?  I have one cobbled up from a gym type weight which will lock on the shaft.  I have others, but they will need to be sandwiched to keep them in place, they were made for a large diameter shaft.  This assumes I'm still coming.   I may have to cancel later next week - my wife had a thumb operation a week ago which turned out to be more invasive than expected.  So she may not be able to drive during the week of the star party, in which case I'll have to stay home to ferry her about .   Last minute cancellation unfortunately 😞   If so unless Derek knows about a replacement, I'll sort out something with Lesley.  But for the moment fingers crossed, stitches out next Thursday.

Cheers,

Peter.

If your wife needs a hand no problems. There is allways next year. Hope she is OK. 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 12:09, jamie56 said:

Might need to borrow a counter weight, if anyone has a spare can't seem to get them from flo or Rother Valley, 

Which mount is this for?  My EQ6 is not in use at present so if someone is passing Ponteland then they could take it up to  you.

11 hours ago, AndyKeogh said:

Which mount is this for?  My EQ6 is not in use at present so if someone is passing Ponteland then they could take it up to  you.

Hi Andy, hope you and your wife are well. Nice to hear from you again and for you to offer your countetweight on loan. 

I am already in Scotland, so could not bring it, but maybe someone else can.

OK Folks.

As of today, no one else has come back to me with further orders the "Pie and Peas Night.

At present I have orders for just over 40.

No further food orders will be taken!

Anyone else who attends the Star Camp and has not ordered up food is still most welcome to attend the night.

(But they will have to supply their own food.)

We can't afford to have a load of produce wasted because someone may or may not be there.

(There is only a small ammount of funds/float available to the Star Camp)

Stay Safe,

I hope to see you all there.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 13:15, petevasey said:

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter won't need it now messed up my new scopebis to heavy for mount so will need to upgrade