Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

BeeJay

How do I Connect a camera to a Zeiss Telementor Telescope?

Hi everyone,

it has been a long time since I posted anything here. Does any one know the best way to connect a digital camera to a Zeiss Telementor 2. I have this great telescope and a great camera but I really need some guidance with how to connect the two together.

All help and advice gratefully accepted.

THANKS

All depends on the camera and the mounting possibilities of your Telementor.
A simple way would be to mount a nosepiece on your camera and put that in your focuser.

It would be helpful if you tell what camera you have and what connection options your scope has. T2 or 2" or what. 

The camera is a Nikon Z7. I am able to mount standard eye-pieces also to the telescope. I have attached a photo if that helps. Thank you 😊

20200714_193052.jpg

You will need a Nikon T2 adapter and a nosepiece for your telescope's focuser, 1,25 or 2 "
That should enable you to make pictures with your Telementor. If you want to use a flattener or a reducer, you will need more  little gadgets like spacers and converters.

I thought the Telementor was the smaller 0.96 inch eyepiece, did they switch the Tele-2 to 1.25?

Someone on here is likely to know the answer I'm sure.

If that is so he will need a converter, but to me, in the picture the diagonal on the left looked like a normal1.25", next to the 0.96" one.
So if that diagonal fits, he can also use a 1.25" nosepiece... To be honest I think that both are a bit small and bound to cause vignetting.

Thanks guys for your help. I have found a Nikon Z7 adapter, I just need a T2. The camera is a Nikon Z7. I am able to mount standard eye-pieces also to the telescope. I have attached a photo if that helps. Thank you 😊