SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Grid lines in final stacked image (M81).

wavydavy

Hi there,

Please see attached A final stacked image of M81 (No processing), any ideas why there seems to be grid lines running through the stacked image? It was 24 x 6 mins (-20 F). However when I added an extra 2 x 5 mins from a previous night it seems to of added the grid effect on the stack.....but surely I should be able to add more on different nights?? I don't usually have this problem, just every now and then. The camera is anASI 553 MM Pro, and I used a filter baader UV/IR Cut filter. Scope is an Altair astro EDF 150.

M81.jpg

Here's a couple of lengthy posts on other forums relating to the same effect.

Weird grid like pattern after alignment is talking about uring Siril but is relevent to any stacking procedures. Half way down is this link to a CN topic describing a similar effect and reason.

Did you do a meridian flip betewwn the two sessions you stacked which seems to create the issue in some cases. Using another interpolation method in your stacking software should help. What stacking software are you using?

Alan

• Like 1

I think I have seen this effect a couple of times, but not since I let Astro Pixel Processor handle the stacking parameters. As the other posters have indicated, I think changing your stacking settings should help.

Very nice detail in the galaxy BTW.