Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Surrey

Damien2904

Hello everyone. 🙋‍♂️

Newbie here to viewing the universe and astrophotography.

I once had the opportunity as a young boy to view the major planets through a family friends telescope, and since then I've always been fascinated in them. I have never picked up the hobby on my own but always intended to eventually...but sometimes you just need a boot up the backside to get you going. Three weeks ago my other half gave me a telescope for my birthday. 😀 I now have a Celestron 127EQ (4mm & 20mm lens included), which from what I've read online is a good telescope for starting off with. I intend to start off with the Moon & planets, its been about 25 years since I last viewed them up close. 

I've been out most evenings since having it & was overjoyed early this month when viewing the moon. After purchasing a Celestron NexYZ Phone Scope Adaptor I was able to grab some photos with my iPhone....I hope you won't mind me sharing a couple. 

IMG_6771.thumb.PNG.2bcc7b9d4007025ba147e13b30851857.PNGIMG_6846.thumb.JPG.099b414b2e6940336f274d5d722ea058.JPG

No doubt I can imagine these are very basic to most people, but I was more than pleased with them after only a couple of attempts. I do have a Nikon D3200 however at the time of taking these photos I was awaiting the arrival of the T-Ring & T-Adaptor in the post. Hoping to improve over time with some guidance. 😉 

Thanks for looking & I look forward to the chats. 

Damien

Edited by Damien2904
  • Like 2

Thanks for the comments and welcomes. 😁  I’m pretty pleased with the photos, I can’t wait to try taking some shots using the DSLR.....and when the moon reappears at a more appropriate time.  I’ve been looking/snapping at Venus lately, but I’ll post those photos in the relevant section. 👍