Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

VENUS IN THE PLEIADES TONIGHT - DON'T MISS IT !!

This will be excellent in binoculars tonight and even better in a telescope with around a two degree field which will show the phase of Venus as well.  Last night Venus was in the same field as the Pleiades with my 120ED and 24mm Hyperion giving x36 and about a two degree field.  It looked fabulous and will be even better tonight.   Make sure you look when it's nice and dark to catch it at its most spectacular.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Should be nicely framed in my 32mm/50deg or 24mm/68 and f11..  lots of crisp views..  Might even get a snap with the camera through the scope again..

astronomy_tools_fov.png.6ce0ecfa6c2e0054f8f10b220ba3b872.png

Thanks for the heads up..

• Like 1

Weather forecast up here not as good as it was yesterday afternoon, but I'm still hopeful  that I'll get a view.  I will have the 120ED in the observatory and my 80ED ready on an AZ5 outside if I don't get a break in the cloud before it's too low to be seen from the observatory.  Always optimistic and looking forward to it.

Good luck everyone 👍.

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking of using my Vixen ED102SS with the 13mm Ethos to get a 1.9 degree true field @ 51x.

I'll also have my 11x70 binoculars around for an alternative viewpoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I'm thinking of using my Vixen ED102SS with the 13mm Ethos to get a 1.9 degree true field @ 51x.

I'll also have my 11x70 binoculars around for an alternative viewpoint.

Think I’ll go Tak with either the 24mm Panoptic or Leica Zoom, around 2 degrees sounds about right. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Going to be all cloud cover here til Sunday afternoon unless something changes. Cold front came through today :( . But even tho a nice WF shot would be nice a closeup of Venus with it’s phase and some background stars and maybe some reflection neb if possible would be   a great photo opt ! 

Been viewing the moon while it was getting darker. Naturally the cloud has rolled in and cover the sky. Had a very small break in the cloud so looked at Venus on through the pato doors with the little 76p what an amazing site even indoors, venus and a very small patch of stars! Great 1st bit of observation with the 76p!

All cloud now though 🙄

Just had a quick view of it here. Still light obviously but nice to see. Venus’ phase clear with the 24mm Panoptic in the Tak. Hope I get a clear view after dark. Cloudy at the moment but clear spells due I think.

6055DEFE-E4E8-4A57-BD53-4A19FB0EBF57.jpeg

B6896F3F-09DA-4828-955E-E597076586AC.jpeg

• Like 5

Very clear here.

Spoiled for choice with the 12 inch dob eyeing the Moon and Sirius A & B in the back garden and the Vixen 4 inch and 11x70's taking in Venus and the Pleiades on the side lawn.

Don't get this sort of situation very often :smiley:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, John said:

Very clear here.

Spoiled for choice with the 12 inch dob eyeing the Moon and Sirius A & B in the back garden and the Vixen 4 inch and 11x70's taking in Venus and the Pleiades on the side lawn.

Take it while you can get it John, it's long overdue 🙂

Was enjoying the moon and Venus but it's wall to wall cloud now.

I had a quick look at Sirius aswell, still struggling to resolve A here let alone a peep at B it's very blurry and producing the rainbow effect when slightly unresolved..

baz

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

Very clear here.

Excellent! Enjoy John 👍👍

• Thanks 1

Not bad here either at the mo.

Moon in one scope is looking fabulous in the binoviewers. 

Venus phase clear in the other, but still a bit too light to see more than the brightest members of the group. Encouraging though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Just had a quick view of it here. Still light obviously but nice to see. Venus’ phase clear with the 24mm Panoptic in the Tak. Hope I get a clear view after dark. Cloudy at the moment but clear spells due I think.

6055DEFE-E4E8-4A57-BD53-4A19FB0EBF57.jpeg

B6896F3F-09DA-4828-955E-E597076586AC.jpeg

Here's hoping we get a break in the cloud shortly Stu. You look ready to rock and roll there! 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Fair play Jeremy, the weather was very clear at dusk and giving some good views.

your setup looks great. Garden looks lovely to 👍

Thanks Barry. Glad I pressure hosed the patio last Sunday 🙂