Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

VENUS IN THE PLEIADES TONIGHT - DON'T MISS IT !!

Was having too much fun last night and forgot to post. Forecast wasn't looking good, but told the family I was popping out for 5 minutes to check it out and was still sat out there an hour later- lots of thin cloud, but was able to cut through. The pics are below are DSLR with 300mm lens and then prime focus on 8 inch dob. A lovely sight, and then also found the seeing was very steady and spent a long time with Binoviewers enjoying the moon. the highlight was some lovely texture on the floor of the Copernicus crater.

IMG_8118.thumb.JPG.05cd3bb052caf8851e5549e4120c501c.JPGIMG_8139.thumb.JPG.3d0600c4b71fbb5d115b574114312cf7.JPGIMG_8152.thumb.JPG.0f8559ecbd13ed50844c315b5e41ab1f.JPG

• Like 7

Had good views through bins both on Friday and Saturday, a grand sight to be sure. Thought the placement of Venus was most spectacular on Friday although the view was very striking on both evenings. Very glad to have seen it.

• Like 2

Had a look at this on Saturday in my ED80 and I have to say it was excellent, especially at low power. :smiley:

Only downside was after looking at that and a little look at the moon, which was also very good, I noticed Orion disappearing behind neighbouring houses. I will miss it for months now, my favourite constellation, which always brings a smile to my face when it first appears and as now, a little sadness as it goes out of reach. How much will things have changed by the time it re appears?

• Like 1