Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Spill The Beans...What Astro Kit did you Get..

Greg

Santa brought me the 2009 Yearbook of Astronomy...Superb.. :D

And....

A Skwatcher ED80 Pro.... :( Cunningly disguised as a pair of socks... :scratch:

Thanks to Steve at Flo for steering Nettie in the right direction.. :hello1:

Have a good one all..

Greg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i treated my self to a c80 ed off First light, i got a given a budget by my son's mother and used it to get a meade deep sky imager II off a member of another forum and this morning i was surprised to find my 9 year old son had got me a solar filter for the 6" newt. plus we've actually got some clear skies here at the moment though i suspect they will go before night time

The 2009 Yearbook of Astronomy and a heater for the tent at Kielder in March... a new sleeping bag is apparently in the offing but got lost somewhere by Santa... :(

Also a bluetooth adaptor for my mount to get rid of the USB/Serial adaptor but it looks like it needs some configuring on a PC before I can use it...

James

For the first time ever i was bought an astro related pressie from my wife:

pair of Adler 20x80ZCF bins from Scopes'n'skies which arrived 9 days ago. Already used them and they are great :(

Also a new scarf and gloves from my parents.

But better than all that I got Call of Duty 5 for the PC :D:lol:

Canon EF 4.0-5.6 70-300mm IS USM lens. Kenko 2x teleconverter, lens hoods. Two photography carry bags, two books, one on the 450d the other a general book. Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, plus a DUMMIES book on the same.

For nights out alone with astro kit and iPod, a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones.

John

I was a lucky boy to

had the Latest book on Hubble images from my Daughter a 1:144 Revell scale model of the shuttle plus SR B's and Fuel tank on a crawler bed from my Son and a Dew shield from FLO for my skywatcher P200 from my lady to go with the rest of the accessories that she bought me like my lens kit when i had my new telescope so I have had lots to be grateful for

regards Pete

I did well (again!). I got a dewshield for the C8, a dew cable and strap for small eyepieces (for my grab and go set up - after Peter (Pyschobilly) kindly made me a very neat little power pack :salute: ). I got lots of reading - the yearbook, O'Meara's Hidden Treasures (surprisingly big book :( ), The Stargazers handbook (gorgeous book :D ), and a subscription to Sky at Night from my parents. Given the clouds, I'm going to have loads of time to read them!!

And then of course, there was the present I received early - a 7mm ethos :lol: :lol:

Helen (spoilt!)

PS forgot the red light clock for the obs - there may be a hint in there from Mike...!

Archived