SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which software

Anthony1979

There's a learning curve with all software, also consider the value of all your equipment compared with the value of quality software to drive it all.....

Having said that BackyardEos, APT, SGPro, SharpCap etc. on the windows side, while on the Linux side, you have Indi\Ekos .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony1979 said:

Im using windows 10.... Also how do i view my raw files

Win10 will open them in a picture viewer, did you get the Canon software yet ? it comes with Digital Photo Professional to do some image manipulation and will also convert CR2 RAW to 16bit Tiffs to use in other processing software that can't handle the RAW files.

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Win10 will open them in a picture viewer, did you get the Canon software yet ? it comes with Digital Photo Professional to do some image manipulation and will also convert CR2 RAW to 16bit Tiffs to use in other processing software that can't handle the RAW files.

Dave

No i didnt get any software with it

Irfanview will display CR2 (canon raw files), and for conversion in other more usable image format - like fits (and I believe tiff as well) - use FitsWork 4

https://www.fitswork.de/software/softw_en.php

You can download all needed software from Canon website (Digital Photo Professional and EOS Utility and such). I think it has been mentioned - use APT for capture. If you feel more "adventurous" - install Canon ASCOM driver and then use any application that supports ASCOM drivers for capture.

https://github.com/vtorkalo/ASCOM.DSLR

Does the 450D have built in WiFi? If yes then you will have to set that up in camera.

If no then you will have to get the correct USB cable to connect to your computer.

I found the WiFi connection on my 80D was a bit too laggy for my liking so got a cable and it much better.

Go into Google and type in canon 450d support and the first hit should be the canon uk support page for this camera. Click on the software tab and read carefully. You need to download the October 2014 solution disk for people who do not have the bundled cd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

I think you need the original cd to install eos utility.

If you already have a Canon item installed, then the EOS Utility updater will work.

Though I'm not sure if it will update a newer version with an older one.

But you said you'd also got DPP, so if there is a clash, uninstall the modern EOS Utility and then try the Updater.

Michael

Edited by michael8554