SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which software

Anthony1979

6 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

when you plug camera in do you get a sound notification you plugged in a usb device ? 

Good point.  It should also be listed in device manager if it has properly connected.

James

Don't know if this is the cause of your problem but the disc that comes with the 450d is EOS Digital Solutions V17.0 compatible with Windows XP Service pack 2 and Vista, Mac OS X10.3/10.4.

Only be 32bit Windows.

Haven't got my 450d, on loan ATM so can't try it on Win10

Dave

Edited by Davey-T

7 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Don't know if this is the cause of your problem but the disc that comes with the 450d is EOS Digital Solutions V17.0 compatible with Windows XP Service pack 2 and Vista, Mac OS X10.3/10.4.

Only be 32bit Windows.

Haven't got my 450d, on loan ATM so can't try it on Win10

Dave

It all connects fine on misses laptop which is windows 10..... Just wont connect on my laptop.... The camera is detected in the device manager so the camera connects to the computer just not in APT but will connect fine with qdslrdashboard.... The camera connect to APT before the windows update so it did work but doesnt now 

Quote from APT forum

"Hi Lawrence,

I'm pretty sure you don't need the the Canon EOS Utilities to be installed to use APT with an EOS camera.

APT installs and uses the Canon Application Programing (API) library, which provides the software required to connect to EOS cameras.

If you wish to leave the Canon Utilities installed then you should be able to disable it connecting to your camera automatically. It's been quite a, while since I used the utilities but, if memory serves, there should be an EOS utility icon in the Windows System Tray (on the right hand side of the Taskbar). Right clicking on this may give you some option to cdisable EOS start when camera is connectedc. You might have to search around a bit, if I've got this wrong. But it can be done.

Hope that helps. 

Cheers, Jim"

So just make sure that the EOS software isn't loaded and grabbing the camera before APT - its says quite clearly it uses API lib (installed by APT) not the EOS software utilities.

P.S. that goes for any other "camera" software you may have loaded - most likely🙂

36 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

Update finished and rebooted camera still connects so upgraded APT to latest version and still ok by the way you have the camera in M mode before connecting to APT

Ah but wait until you power off and start again - LOL

3 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer

But only when a human is at the helm LOL - most computers go one for years when humans leave them alone LOL

I never make mistakes - quote from my wife "you are always right" LOL ---------------------------- missed the "you think" bit LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony1979 said:

It must just be my laptop then i havent got a clue whats happened.... Just going to have to rob the misses laptop 

you say it worked on your laptop then it did an update (Windows) then stopped working. Did you try uninstalling APT and re-installing. Maybe post on the APT forum your problem. can you try the camera in a different USB port on your computer and when it detects the camera select do nothing in the canon utility or click cancel then launch APT