NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

We need to leave Earth

Phillips6549

Headline: Asteroid danger: 100% certainty of impact warns space expert - 'We need to leave Earth'

Who is this expert?  None other than the "Chairman of Parliament for the space nation Asgardia" - Lembit Opik !

Of course,  mathematically, the probability is that an impact will occur sometime,  but how the Express has the gall to publish this as "Science News" is baffling. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1191021/Asteroid-news-chance-of-impact-asteroids-hit-Earth-cataclysm-Lembit-Opik-asteroid-news/amp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This thread has a danger of sliding into politics chaps, let's step carefully 😁

As long as Lembit sails off with the 'Cheeky Girls', then it becomes tempting 🤣
But as you say how this was published as Science, well that shows the quality of the papers these days.

• Like 2

Would/should the human virus be allowed to leave its dying host to spread the contagion further?

I have it on good authority :alien: [no not the Excess] that First Contact will be our last.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Knowing my luck I would move to another planet and that would be hit and the Earth would survive.

Steve

What if millions jumped off tall buildings just as the comet was supposed to hit?

And it missed? :blush:

Well, you know how these forecasts go. :wink2:

• Haha 1

I would have thought that even after a comet strike the conditions on Earth would be far preferable to any other object in our solar system, so why leave? After all advanced life survived the last one....

Alan

Edited by Alien 13
  • Like 3

On 17/10/2019 at 18:41, Alien 13 said:

I would have thought that even after a comet strike the conditions on Earth would be far preferable to any other object in our solar system, so why leave? After all advanced life survived the last one....

Alan

Small mammals survived because they could burrow. Unless you have a JCB that you're not telling us about and a blue print for an enormous Anderson shelter.

• Haha 1

I've never known so many doom and gloom reports on earth's inevitable demise being predicted. These reports are, in the main, just scare mongerers seeking attention.   

My mobile is  inundated  with reports of this nature daily. Most are pure bilge at best, and one has to wonder if the Ads. that are injected between the tripe is by design. I Am seriously contemplating paying for an Ad. Free phone App. If such a thing exists.                Ron.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barkis said:

I've never known so many doom and gloom reports on earth's inevitable demise being predicted.
These reports are, in the main, just scare mongers seeking attention.   

Ron.

Well, Ron, if that is your attitude you're definitely not getting a return ticket on my Ark. :wink2:

Have you noticed the subtle irony of your signature from one sporting 29,000 posts? 
Do as I say not as I do? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Do what I do, ignore all media (except a few well chosen websites), i.e. NO Television, NO Radio & NO Newspapers....  

The world may well be coming to a premature end, but I'll not know about it....

You'll read all about it right here.

9 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

You'll read all about it right here.

I'm looking forwards to imaging the giant asteroid as it gets closer and closer, jut better be visible from the northern hemisphere or I'll be really annoyed 😂

Dave

• Haha 3