Narrowband

Moon by 180mm Mak and first time ASI174MM

TareqPhoto

16 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I love my ASI174MM, good size fov for both lunar and solar work and quick with it. Great image, thank you for sharing.

Thanks!

That is exactly why i bought this camera, in addition, i will use it for planetary, i saw big names such as Damian Peach using this camera sometimes for planetary.

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Superb! fine detail is awesome, id say that's what being in orbit looking out a window would be like.

True, i can't resolve all those details by my eyes, but telescope and camera could, and happy for that, thanks

2 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I've never really taken much interest in the moon, but you've inspired me to have a go, thanks. 

Why not, the moon is the easiest clearest and closest target to us, so i always practice on the moon with any camera or telescope for initial test.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I saw this image over on cloudy nights when you posted it initially and I thought it was a shame that I couldn't see it at full resolution over there.  Now I can see it in all it's glory and it really is a wonderful image... If this were my own image I would definitely get it printed out and displayed on my wall!

3 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

I saw this image over on cloudy nights when you posted it initially and I thought it was a shame that I couldn't see it at full resolution over there.  Now I can see it in all it's glory and it really is a wonderful image... If this were my own image I would definitely get it printed out and displayed on my wall!

Thank you very much

That is a great idea, maybe i have to collect my best moon shots and printed them out either in one picture as collage or maybe individual, i have to think about it.

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

Just seen this image and I like others have said spent a lot longer looking around it than many images I have seen before.
Like observing on the very best night ever.

You have no idea how long i kept looking at the moon on the screen, i was shocked, then i woke up and figured out that the moon is getting lower, so i gave it a quick images before it is all down.

22 minutes ago, dave_galera said:

I don't do lunar imaging and generally never even look at them, but that image is spectacular.

Its got me thinking.......

Why people afraid or scared to do lunar, it is really beautiful.

Thanks