Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bring back the good old Full Moon

Stu

Please excuse this little indulgence.

I love a beautiful, big full Moon. I think they are super, note the lack of capital letter.

If it is eclipsed, I think of it as red, not bloody. I do not see anything remotely wolfy or wormy about a full moon. What will the next one be called, a Super Ginormous Vampire Blue Badger Moon?

Bring back the good old, plain and boring but lovely Full Moon. Please.

That is all.

Nothing to see here now ;)

Stu

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Stu said:

I love a beautiful, big full Moon. I think they are super, note the lack of capital letter.

If it is eclipsed, I think of it as red, not bloody. I do not see anything remotely wolfy or wormy about a full moon. What will the next one be called, a Super Ginormous Vampire Blue Badger Moon?

That is all.

Stu

Ok Stu, I excuse you.:smiley:

2 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Can we not at least have the blood Moon too, its always been called that since I was a nipper :D

Alan

I don't think I had ever heard of a blood moon until the last few years? I assumed it was also part of the media frenzy! Perhaps we can allow that then, as long as it is NOT also Super, Amazing, Blue and a bit Badgery too ;)

28 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Where did that cow go that was jumping over it a while back?

Regards Andrew 

It broke the dish and bent the spoon as it landed... By the way that image is fantastic, they even has televisions in their visors!

13 minutes ago, oobydooby said:

It broke the dish and bent the spoon as it landed... By the way that image is fantastic, they even has televisions in their visors!

Is that where Teletubbies started off then?

For the very brief moment it appeared through the clouds, which have been around for almost four days, the 'S****R" Moon last night was incredible. 

This morning at 3am, with what is probably our last cold front to the South, the view of Luna  was spectacular as well. 

Regardless of the name or description they attach to it, a full moon is impressive.

Just to add to my grey matter, I do enjoy reading up on the reasons for some of the names given.

Our native Americans called last month's moon "the hunger moon" due to it being deep winter and food so difficult to find.

This month's was "the worm moon" from the signs of worm trails in the newly thawed ground.

History is something very important, but so often overlooked.

7 hours ago, Stu said:

That is all.

Stu

Couldn't agree more Stu. Why they saddle  our natural satellite with silly and usually meaningless descriptions
is beyond me too.  Over and Out.

Ron.

10 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

When I was a kid, there were some men on the moon, I recall vividly

I reckon NASA are planning on going back to the moon. There are a few interesting NASA sponsered studies going on. My son will be working on project mathematically modeling the behavior of moon dust later this year.

My personal theory is they need this information to make better CGI!

Archived