Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus, Jupiter and crescent moon...

Stu

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a nice picture Stu.  I did exactly the same thing for the same reason, but in my case when I looked out of the bedroom window when the alarm went off it was cloudy and there was more snow on the ground.  Still, it won't stop me setting the alarm again for tomorrow morning :smile:.

Lovely view this morning. The pairing of Venus and Jupiter in the dawn sky has been a real treat recently and even better now that the moon has joined in. All visible from the warmth of my living room too! 

Hope it’s clear tomorrow 

3 hours ago, Sleepy Kiki said:

thanks for the heads up Stu, just checked Stellarium and the moon will be sitting in between Venus and Jupiter!

Yep, there is a heads up in the calendar for tomorrow too! :)

On 06/02/2019 at 08:48, dannybgoode said:

@adyj1 that’s really nice. What’s the triangular structure. A digger, a gazebo type thing or a robotic giraffe?!

Love the juxtaposition of the random natural shape of the tree up against the harder artificial edges both framing the scene :)

Thanks @dannybgoode,

You're right, it's a robotic giraffe - no, I mean it's an arbor (garden bench with a roof.)... 

I had first lined up behind the garage on the right, but that gave a flat, featureless foreground. Luckily, ten foot to the left was this view. A fluke, really but I've learned from it ☺ 

Ady

• 1 month later...

Archived