Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good evening from Sweden!

Peter77

Hello everybody,

My name is Peter, 40 years young, living in Sweden with my fiancée, 3 kids and 3 cats.

I've always loved astronomy, from young age I have digested pretty much most books, articles or popular science magazine that were available. Always wanted to have a telescope, and 1 year ago I finally bought a Celestron Nexstar 102 Slt with a goto alt-az mount.

It's not easy to get much observ time, considering the kids always wake up at 07 in the morning... but I try to find some occasions mostly in the weekends at least.

Been curious about imaging as well, and have began to experiment a little with a Nikon D3100 connected to the scope.

During the days I work as an IT support analyst for one of Swedens biggest companies. It's a hectic workday so it's nice when you get the time to be out in the night with the scope :)

Been lurking around here reading some year or so, finding much useful information. I like the good spirit of this forum, and I want to be  part of and contribute to that :)

Ok, I wont make this a wall of text. Just wanted to say Hi to everybody :)

Hi, Peter, and welcome to SGL.

I've had the same scope and did some imaging with it (with a canon 1000D). The mount really isn't up to doing very much - I found anything over about 15s subs and I started having to discard an ever-increasing proportion of them. I found it worked best on open clusters - some of those turned out quite nicely.

If imaging is the direction you wish to go, it is worth getting a copy of Making Every Photon Count. It will save you a lot of time, money and heartache in the long run.

Enjoy the journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived