Hello from South Bristol

Bovski

Hi Peeps

Planning on getting back into Astro imaging. Have been away from it for some years things seem to have changed somewhat cameras have no ware to put the film anymore :)

I originally built a clockwork tracker back in the early 80's polar alignment was somewhat difficult to say the least but did get it right on occasion.

I have an old Losmandy GM100 mount & am planning on updating it to a full go to system with encoders.

I have had a couple of visits to BAS & am planning on becoming a member.

Hi and welcome from me to the forum ?

As Geoff Lister says above, I'm a Bristol AS member based at Portishead. I really enjoy the society and I know that some of them image.

Hope you enjoy your time on SGL and hope to meet up sometime at BAS.

21 hours ago, Geoff Lister said:

I live in North Somerset

Me to technically they did away with the County of Bristol to form Avon then did away with Avon. so I guess we go back to how it was anyone south of the river is is North Somerset everyone North of the river is South Gloucestershire. Personally I think we should reform the Republic of Bristol and be done with the politics in London. :D

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:07, Bovski said:

Me to technically they did away with the County of Bristol to form Avon then did away with Avon. so I guess we go back to how it was anyone south of the river is is North Somerset everyone North of the river is South Gloucestershire. Personally I think we should reform the Republic of Bristol and be done with the politics in London. :D

It was an idiotic move, naming a county after 4 English and 2 Scottish rivers. There are still some databases that add "Avon" to the delivery address, when you submit your postcode; and the local constabulary have yet to ditch the "Avon" bit. At least the district of "Woodspring" seems to be dead and buried.

Archived