Newbie from Manchester

Asurrobinson

Hi all, 

I'm Jon from Manchester. I've recently rekindled my passion for astronomy and science in general and thought this was the best place to look to try and expand my knowledge and maybe (well, when I drastically improve my kit) show off what I've been able to see/image.

Being from Manchester I predict that I may get in say 5-10% actual observing time in but I remain quietly optimistic.

22 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the Lounge. What kit do you have at the minute?

What is your light pollution like, do you have to contend with street lights in your immediate vicinity?

yours, dry in Chorley (yeah, right)

There is quite a bit of light pollution here, I have Manchester city center in one direction and the Trafford Center in the other.

1 hour ago, Asurrobinson said:

There is quite a bit of light pollution here, I have Manchester city center in one direction and the Trafford Center in the other.

Hi Jon,

As I am now on the puter I can see you are based in Sale. I was on my phone earlier

18 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the Lounge. What kit do you have at the minute?

What is your light pollution like, do you have to contend with street lights in your immediate vicinity?

yours, dry in Chorley (yeah, right)

It's not dry in Chorley very often!

Hi Jon and welcome to SGL.

There's a few of us from the North West that are regular's at the Galloway star camp,theres an event coming up at the end of March that might interest you.

It's a friendly relaxed get together of like minded people and skies are excellent.

Check out Galloway Spring Star Party in the event's section.

Kenny.

Welcome Jon from land down under

U get to communicate with people from across the universe in here

Talking of universe

Might have a new word which not be in the Oxford dictionary

Marsquake

Local space company where I live has been awarded a NASA contract to build a new rover for launch to Mars in 2020

The role of the new rover is to find water on Mars, and also measure Marsquakes, on the red planet

More details available website Gilmore Space Technologies  https://www.gspacetech.com/

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived