Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new set up is complete

Doc

Finally have my new set up complete. Well I have to buy a top notch AMICI diagonal at some stage but I'm really happy with the set up so far.

Berlebach Planet Tripod - Doc's DiscMount - Esprit 120ED APO - Televue Eyepieces

The mount is homemade and is super stable.

XHtXe8.jpg

VyLdZV.jpg

J2KCzd.jpg

OTAyFF.jpg

bZJkt8.jpg

QyLYHa.jpg

qGvM9W.jpg

snf9O8.jpg

yj2LKG.jpg

2X4CY8.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have some really nice gear there. Quality in bucket loads. The eyepiece selection alone makes mine look ordinary, which it is not?

I do agree maybe an upgrade on the diagonal, just incase this is possibly the weakest link in the chain. As in my opinion the scope is only as good as the weakest link in the optical chain, scope, diagonal, eyepiece but in the UK it is usually the seeing conditions?

Thanks guys.

It must be at least 6 years since we met Mark. I'm keeping well, all my heart problems seem to be behind me at the moment, which is very good. As for observing the moon, I still do it, but now just for pleasure. My refractor cannot compete against 16" of Lightbridge. The Lunar 100 was a massive part of my life for about 18 months, it kept me really busy. 

Hope you are keeping well Mark and it's great to chat to you again.

This has got me thinking - before you got the Berlebach Planet, you put your mount on top of the AZ8 tripod. Does this mean that your Planet has a mounting plate that the AZ8 head can easily connect to?  If so, which mounting plate is that?

I'm contemplating a Planet tripod for the AZ8, but haven't figured out how to connect it yet...

:happy11:

6 minutes ago, iPeace said:

This has got me thinking - before you got the Berlebach Planet, you put your mount on top of the AZ8 tripod. Does this mean that your Planet has a mounting plate that the AZ8 head can easily connect to?  If so, which mounting plate is that?

I'm contemplating a Planet tripod for the AZ8, but haven't figured out how to connect it yet...

:happy11:

Both the AZ8 and the DM6 use a 3/8" (16TPI) Whitworth thread. So if you order the Planet tripod with the DM6 pier top the AZ8 will screw directly on.

1 minute ago, Paul73 said:

I'm loving the mount! Maybe, same again on the other side? 

And then you go and stick the whole lot on a B Planet! You really don't mess about.

Paul

ps. The eyepieces are ok too.

I do have plans for a AZ8 clone which will be a much bigger mount.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Do you have anything in mind? Top notch is hard to find, in my own experience...

As my Christmas present I've ordered one of these, still waiting for it to arrive.

http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/optical-accessories/stardiagonal-mirror--prism/apm-2-inch-erect-image-prism-fast-lock-ultra-broadband-coating.html

They say it's the best available. And having a 46mm clear aperture is fantastic for all 2" eyepieces.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

As my Christmas present I've ordered one of these, still waiting for it to arrive.

http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/optical-accessories/stardiagonal-mirror--prism/apm-2-inch-erect-image-prism-fast-lock-ultra-broadband-coating.html

They say it's the best available.

Looks good! They say it's "currently unavailable" - you may have ordered the last one?  :p

Archived