Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm Back after a very long break.

Tink

Thanks to admin for sorting out my user id.

Used to be on here ages ago but had a lot going on in life. Divorce etc etc  But now I want to get back into looking at stars and planets etc .

I had a Celestron 130 SLT with several different lenses neximage camera solar filter and few other bits and bobs.

When I got divorced and moved out I was able to get lots of my things including all the scope accessories but when I went to get the scope my ex hid it. Now I cant get in the house to get back my scope as technically I would be trespassing and stealing despite the fact its mine.

So.. I have a powerbank and lots of lenses filters etc as I mentioned and now need another telescope.

I would like to be able to see planets, ideally would like to be able to see Jupiter and its red spot and Saturn a little bigger then I could with the 130SLT

I have a Canon 5d Mk2 that I would like to be able to hook up to the telescope to do a little photography Moon, planets etc.

I have been looking at Celestron SE series in particular the 6se or my budget may just stretch to an 8se

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice.

Thanks in Advance

Tink

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back!.. feels good doesn't it? That after a world of pain, Astronomy is a place to always fall back to for de-stress & pleasure!. The wonders of the Universe right over our heads.

Rob

Welcome back and sorry about you having a tough time but getting back to observing the stars is a good way to forget your troubles.

Concerning your choice it depends what your looking for ease of use it has to be the 6se I've heard the 8se is slightly over weight for the tripod in use but some people rave about it.

As for lenses an F10 is really forgiving on EP use so you shouldn't have a problem there good luck.

Richard

I struck really lucky with the flat I rent, its a converted Rectory from 1800's my Living room has a curved wall at the end with 2 huge old sash windows and have a wonderful view of the night sky :)

Just now, Tink said:

I struck really lucky with the flat I rent, its a converted Rectory from 1800's my Living room has a curved wall at the end with 2 huge old sash windows and have a wonderful view of the night sky :)

Sounds like you've struck it lucky how's the light pollution round the area?

Richard

4 minutes ago, Richard Hather said:

Sounds like you've struck it lucky how's the light pollution round the area?

Richard

All the street lights go out at midnight and its wonderful. Kings Lynn isnt too bad I'm on the outskirts of town. I can get to Sandringham and some very dark skies within about 15/20mins and then 40mins away is the very dark Norfolk Coastline 

10 minutes ago, Tink said:

All the street lights go out at midnight and its wonderful. Kings Lynn isnt too bad I'm on the outskirts of town. I can get to Sandringham and some very dark skies within about 15/20mins and then 40mins away is the very dark Norfolk Coastline 

Wow sounds amazing your going to get lovely views with whatever scope you go for ?

Richard

Welcome back... Hope your life settles and you begin to enjoy your astronomy again!

I'm not sure from your message if you have a mount? If you are mainly interested in planets and the Sun, perhaps you could consider a 150 or 200 pds from Skywatcher. They are terrific scopes, but you would need a mount... To attach your camera, you will need a coma corrector and T Ring, though you wouldn't really need the Coma corrector if you are just going to image planets.

:icon_biggrin:

Probably before my time, but welcome back.

With holding your goods, is that not a crime? 
I would get my stuff back, and if your happy with it continue with its use, or sell the stuff, if your needing better.

14 hours ago, Charic said:

Probably before my time, but welcome back.

With holding your goods, is that not a crime? 
I would get my stuff back, and if your happy with it continue with its use, or sell the stuff, if your needing better.

Not sure on the withholding goods but then again now shes bought me out of the property if I go and help myself I can be done for theft and trespass !! 

Trouble also is shes not keeping them at the property at the moment either, something that is also annoying my son as he is just completing his Physics Masters at Leeds Uni and has asked her several times where the telescope is 

Its the tripod, goto arm and telescope shes kept.

On 5/18/2017 at 15:20, Tink said:

Thanks to admin for sorting out my user id.

Used to be on here ages ago but had a lot going on in life. Divorce etc etc  But now I want to get back into looking at stars and planets etc .

I had a Celestron 130 SLT with several different lenses neximage camera solar filter and few other bits and bobs.

When I got divorced and moved out I was able to get lots of my things including all the scope accessories but when I went to get the scope my ex hid it. Now I cant get in the house to get back my scope as technically I would be trespassing and stealing despite the fact its mine.

So.. I have a powerbank and lots of lenses filters etc as I mentioned and now need another telescope.

I would like to be able to see planets, ideally would like to be able to see Jupiter and its red spot and Saturn a little bigger then I could with the 130SLT

I have a Canon 5d Mk2 that I would like to be able to hook up to the telescope to do a little photography Moon, planets etc.

I have been looking at Celestron SE series in particular the 6se or my budget may just stretch to an 8se

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice.

Thanks in Advance

Tink

count yourself lucky you  didnt have a better scope ,onwards and upwards 

Welcome back I will never experience divorce as me and the missus never got married eek engaged for 28 years(at least we beat Mick Jagger)I hope you are on the up.Regarding the scope the 8se if funds allow maybe secondhand?

Archived