Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Bangor Northern Ireland

JohnnyMac

Hi Guys 

Just a quick post to say Hello

Just got my first telescope for Christmas from my wife and Kids

Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ

My main interest will be the moon and the near by planets

I have been setting the scope up over the last few days, doing a lot of reading mainly online, which has raised a number of questions

I will list these later on tonight in another post 

I look forward to all the help I can get and to many nights spent looking upwards

Thank and Kind Regards

JohnnyMac

Hi Johnny, this is my first post also, I received a skywatcher heritage 130p for Xmas and last night was the  first real outing, saw the orion nebula which I thought quite spectacular also the andromeda galaxy which was more or less directly overhead which I was a bit disappointed with, was expecting something with more of a "wow factor" think I was asking for too much with my wee scope, will try again maybe tonight with a different approach. Observed the seven sisters which got ? and venus which was really bright.... Roll on dark o'clock ?

Hi Jonny and welcome to SGL, you will find a wealth of helpful information in the forum, on using your new telescope, if there is something you don`t understand, just ask in the appropriate section to which it relates and I am sure you will get the help you need, enjoy the forum :)

Sorry guys think I've overstepped the mark here and came on unannounced.. apologies for that. 

I'm a bit of a newbie to astronomy as well .. living in Dunoon, Argyll, Scotland.... hello and Happy New Year to you all. 

Stewart.

20 minutes ago, stewspark said:

Sorry guys think I've overstepped the mark here and came on unannounced.. apologies for that. 

I'm a bit of a newbie to astronomy as well .. living in Dunoon, Argyll, Scotland.... hello and Happy New Year to you all. 

Stewart.

I don't think you overstepped the mark, welcome both of you to the SGL :-) 

Hi Johnny & Welcome to SGL.  Hope you enjoy your time here.  I live in Bangor too!!  If you're interested the Irish Astronomical Association (IAA) meet every second Wednesday in Queens University,  Bell Lecture Theatre, Physics Building from September to April.  Next meeting is 18th January at 7.30pm, non members welcome.   

• 1 month later...

Archived