Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from West Wales

cardigan wearer

Been lurking for a while finally joined. Had to take early retirement due to wifes ill health which has given me a chance to start old interests again. Serious astro photography has taken off since i last played at astronomy which i want to get into. My badly stored Meade etx of 15 years is in a sorry state. But good enough to fire my interest again.

Plenty of excellent dark skies locally and my back garden is not to badly polluted. New purchase is sat in FLO shopping basket whilst i wait release of my pension funds. Celestron CPC 9.25  and some nice accessories.

Interested in joining a local group as well finally being able to take a degree course in astronomy and planetary science

Hello from your close neighbour in Carmarthenshire. I try to image when the weather allows. Deepsky mostly.

As to astronomy clubs, we used to belong to West Wales Astronomy Group when they were based on this edge of Pembrokeshire. Unfortunately they moved their meetings to nearer Fishguard which was a bit too far from us. We then joined Swansea Astronomy Club. Take a look at our website as we meet for a lecture twice a month and have a starparty arranged for 13 January at The National Waterfront Museum and a public lecture there the following afternoon.

Anne

Wow what a welcome. A group in Fishguard is close to me. An invite to a meeting in 2 weeks at Swansea. And lots of welcomes, I have joined another forum got 2 hellos and told off by moderator for posting hello in beginners forum.  Aparently im not a beginner because 15 years ago i unsuccessfully tried using a broken Meade 125ETX. So i will be concentrating posting here

Have looked at the Swansea Astronomical society website (thanks Anne S). and marked my calender to try and attend the Water Front star party and then February The dark sky award winning National Botanical Gardens of Wales. Actually have just driven past there tonight and apart from a few street lights on the A48 giving a nearby glow the sky is very dark indeed.

• 1 month later...

Archived