Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

365 Astronomy

Lux1

I ordered a skywatcher AZ goto mount from 356astronomy on the website on Sunday. The money (more than £200 was taken from my credit card there and then). Still had heard nothing Monday afternoon so I tried to phone them. They provide 3 numbers, - an 0845, an 020 and a private mobile number. No luck with the first two. I called the mobile and the man I spoke to was helpful and polite but wanted me to relay the model number off the website. This took forever on a Blackberry near Lands End!

He said he would contact the suppler in the UK, - he was abroad and I had been on the phone for ten minutes! And would phone me back.

True to his word, he phoned me back an hour later and said the order had been "dealt with". I sent a message to him with an alternative delivery address, heard nothing.

Phoned him today, he said he will contact supplier with order details.

Overall I get the impression that the order is in limbo somewhere, - I have asked for a contact in the UK as the company is VAT registered and has a UK base. Still no answer.

Should I wait a few days or phone my credit card provider?

Anyone else dealt with them?

I almost ordered with FLO, - wish I had as I would have had the GOTO system now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I was thinking that I'd share a rather disappointing experience I had with 365astronomy.com

I was looking to buy Baader Wonder Kit and after a brief online search the website lured me in with the most competitive price of just over £12 (maybe £13 can't rem exactly).

’Happy days’ – I thought and I quickly created my account in order to proceed through the checkout.

I was literally speechless when it quoted me over ...£11 for the delivery. I still thought it was a miscalculation and some of that price will be deducted as I go farther through the checkout, but no – the final price came to over £24…

Is this company based in the US???

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just like to report some excellent service from 365 Astronomy in Worthing, Sussex. At 4pm yesterday I ordered a Baader Coma Corrector kit, and it arrived this morning, less than 18 hours later.

• 5 weeks later...

Tried to post on the other 365 thread , unable too ?

Anyways, ordered a Baader ACF1 filter for 300D, late on Saturday afternoon. Posted on Monday, arrived today, well packaged and well happy. Hopefully modding the eos on Sunday afternoon.

Clear Skies

Pete

I visited Zoltan today to pick up a 3.25" SCT to 2" clicklock adaptor and a Skywatcher Panaview 38mm. His flat is a little wonderland filled with scopes, binoculars, bits & bobs and boxes. And it's only 10mins walk from my work :p

I've emailed him about these items for a week or so (he was busy with Kelling, and I was waiting to get paid) and he has been quick & helpful with his replies.

How highly do I praise 365astronomy? Thoroughly recommended ;)

• 1 month later...

I required two finder shoes for Skywatcher type finderscopes. 365 Astronomy had two in stock, brand-new and only 5 quid each. Ordered using Google checkout - the shoes arrived after a few days. Smooth transaction and good value for money, they were the metal ones.

:icon_salut:

• 2 weeks later...

A positive report following my first order from 365astromony.com. On Thursday afternoon I ordered a motor drive for my 'scope.

On Monday I received an email that it had been dispatched 1st class but might be delayed due to the onset of the Christmas rush.

However the drive arrived the next day, Tuesday morning.

No complaints and very happy with the level of service.

dag123

I had never previously ordered anything from 365 but i will add another positive for them.

I ordered a T2 to 2" nosepiece as used by SBIG; the package duly arrived two days later unfortunately containing a 2" to 1.25 adapter. A quick email sorted this out (reply at 10pm) and the T2/2" nosepiece arrived another couple of days later along with a Mars DVD.

I have no issue with a mistake, it is how it is sorted out that matters, and this was quick, clean and efficient. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I ordered a Baader 1.25" UHC filter just over a week ago. It was despatched on Monday this week and arrived here in south west France, in perfect condition, today. Well done, 365astronomy! I would happily recommend them to anyone.:)

• 1 month later...

I've never dealt with 365 before so I thought I'd report in.

I ordered a Telescope Service focuser base plate on the 21st Jan and instantly hit a paypal issue where the transaction was "randomly selected for review" by paypal. 365 were very understanding on this and gave me pointers as to how to resolve it. After a lot of correspondence from Paypal I got it fixed and had my focuser base plate in under two days.

Two days from a cleared payment is excellent, and even better when the company basically had a problem transaction on their hands. I found them patient and friendly in the face of something that they could understandably told me to go raffle ma heid over.

Top marks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say a big thanks to Zoltan and everyone at 365astronomy.

I ordered a 38mm 2in Panaview eyepiece at the end of March. Despite supply problems Zoltan kept me informed if my order via regular emails. He also helped when I changed my order to the 32mm model at the last minute.

The eyepiece arrived today and although a two-month wait isn't usually somthing to praise given the circumstances I would recommend this supplier to anyone.

• 6 months later...

Bought Baader Click Lock - ordered at 2pm and arrived the following day well packed at 10.45am after checking it was in stock. Nice and easy transaction and I would use them again no problems.

Richard

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Top marks to Zoltan at 365 Astronomy. Phoned him Friday lunchtime to check availability of solar filter and Eos clip filter. Ordered straight away and recieved them Saturday morning. I did pay extra for Saturday delivery as expected. Would not hesitate to use them again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered a SW RA Finderscope from 365 Astronomy - their website stated 2 in stock. After a few days I contacted them to find out what was going on as I had not received notification of dispatch. Was informed by Zoltan that they were not in stock and that they would ship next day. I checked website and it was still showing 1 in stock. pointed this out and was told that they have an issue where website does not show correct stock levels.

Having been burned in the past with IT resellers that show incorrect stock levels in order to secure orders I am very disappointed to find a potentially similar thing here.

If you don't have stock then say so and let the customer go elsewhere. If your website doesn't work properly then FIX iT!!!!!!!!!

Will not use again.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a Celestron C8 NGT online with 365 Astronomy on Sunday.

Good communications, arrived Thursday with Fedex.

Packed well, no problems, very pleased. Looking forward to using it.

Now my Astromaster 130eq has a Big Brother !

Would use 365 again, recommended.

Paul !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Great guy Zoltan at 365, really helpful and actually saved me some money.

I had been looking at two plossl EP's for my car scope, two skywatchers at 32 and 40. Zoltan told me he didnt have a 32 but he would do me a GSO one for the same price, great I thought, at about £6 more expensive and a better option, cant be bad.

Before I said deffo yes, we looked at the quoted FOV on the GSO 40mm as I was thinking why not get 2 GSO's instead, but according to the figures from Skywatcher, the Skywatcher EP was superiour in terms of TFOV (GSO 40 degree, Skywatcher 52). Stick with the Skywatcher for 40mm then. I thought nothing of it and was happy to go with the GSO 32 and Skywatcher 40.

Phone call half hour later off zoltan advising me he had done some comparisons between the two EP's and to cut to it, the TFOV between the GSO 32 and Skywatcher 40 was the same. He tells me the FOV quoted appears incorrect on the Skywatcher 40 and the upshot of this is it simply isnt worth buying. I can have the same TFOV and the extra magnification with it by just getting the GSO 32.

He already had my funds and rather than refund (monies spent, well you know how it is :grin: ), I had been thinking about a decent planetary filter for a while. So after discussing filters I bought a variable polarising filter and although it took me over what I originally paid, he said it was fine and I could have it for what he already had received of me.

top class service, top class bloke. :cool:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

just wondered if anyone has used 365 astronomy and if they havnt why not ?. just been dealing with zoltan the owner and what a genuinely lovely bloke, he realy couldnt help you enough advising his reccomendations and genuinely trying to save you money. i wanted to but a baader 2" clicklock diagonal basicaly and he told me that opticaly my revalations would match it, i didnt listen anyway as i bought it lol. but the reason i bought it was because i just sold my revalations. i would highly reccomend this astro shop and zoltan, what more can i say. just hope there delivery is good i will let you no on this. cheers regards mike

• 4 weeks later...

I have just bought my NexStar 8SE from Zoltan at 365 Astronomy.

In an online world it is easy for anyone to setup a flashy website and draw you in - so I am always a little wary of companies I haven't heard of before. Luckily I managed to find a few short reviews on here of happy customers.

365's website offers up extended hours that you can speak to them by telephone, so about 7.45 on Wednesday I thought I would give them as call. Zoltan was helpful, knowledgable and willing to help. Showing real knowledge and content behind the web front end.

We arranged for me to pick the item up on Saturday as I don't live that far away from them. Pick up day was a breeze.

So I would recommend you check these guys out and give them a call if you have any questions.

Ben

ps and oh yes their website is good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time to deal with Zoltan of 365Astronomy. I ordered a bunch of of small items and a couple of big 2" eyepieces. I'm pleased with service. The man is kind enough to answer all your questions over the phone in details. I like this sort of personal touch to business. The items arrived well packaged and on time. I'll definitely buy again.

• Like 2