SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

365 Astronomy

Lux1

So, having recently sold my flat in the city and moving to darker skies in the peak district, I had some money left over from the sale which was begging to be used on an upgrade.

For some time I have wanted to upgrade to a celestron C11. I was originally going to purchase one from another supplier but after recieving no call back on a price despite leaving numerous messages, I decided to take my business elsewhere.

After doing a quick price comparrison on google I came across 365 astronomy. I telephone them, who to my delight, answered the phone straightaway. I had a great conversation with the owner, Zoltan, who was very helpful and accomodating. Zolton took my order and also agreed to fit the extra dovetail I purchased free of charge.

It was an absolute pleasure dealing with 365 astronomy and I will definately be using them again. Oh, and as a bonus, my C11 arrived the very next day! How's that for a speedy service?!

Brian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bought a ZWO ASI120MC camera and reticle eyepiece from this company about 2 months ago. I was extremely pleased with the customer service provided by Zoltan and the prompt delivery. I would certainly use them again. Here is a bit more detail on my experience in dealing with this company......

At the time the ZWO camera had just had an upgrade by the manufacturer to include an ST4 port, so I wanted to check the one the company supplied would be the latest version - the website details did not mention the ST4 port, so I had to assume it was the "old" version . An email query was promptly responded to advising that he could supply both versions, that the latest version was due to arrive with him the next working day and that his website would be updated to reflect this shortly.

I proceeded to place an order, but due to my geographical location there was a problem with finalising the order through the website. Again a quick email and fix at 365Astronomy's end allowed the order to be placed. My order was dispatched on the day I was told it would be and to my surprise and delight the it was delivered to me the day after - pretty good considering I live at the other end of the UK.

• 9 months later...

I ordered a couple of small items at 2pm on Thursday. Goods were delivered 10:30am on Friday. Well packaged and correct. Good service and quick delivery. I would definitely buy from 365Astronomy again :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a Telrad on Tuesday after a call to check it was in stock (thumbs up to FLO for suggesting another retailer!), received on Saturday, after an email stating it had been dispatched; good service, I'd use again.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 from me for 365 astronomy :grin:

Excellent comms for my new ZWO camera, ordered Wed night received it Fri morning.

I was a bit concerned if it would work under Linux but it works like a dream and delighted how light sensitive it is!

365astronomy - highly recommended :smiley: :smiley:

Steve

• 3 months later...

These guys have had a bit of stick over the last few weeks so I thought that I would post my recent experience.

I ordered a focuser upgrade and a Telrad 07:30 on Friday.

It arrived well packaged 10:30 Saturday morning.

This was using their standard delivery!!

I'll be using them again.

Paul

• Like 1

I have used 365astronomy fairly regularly over the past two years and have  always found the service to be excellent. Zoltan is very helpful when answering email enquiries and the speed of delivery is extremely impressive.

• 7 months later...

I wanted a new ASI224 camera and found that there were only 2 suppliers in the UK with them in stock. One of these was 365astronomy. I checked their web site and it said that they had 5 in stock so I ordered one. Nothing happened for a couple of days so I gave Zoltan a call and he informed me that they were out of stock. I mentioned that they had 5 showing in stock and he said that they had not updated it and that it does not update automatically as items are ordered.

So beware that, if you see an item as listed in stock, it may not be in stock at all.

Dissapointing as 365 are usually quite reliable. I now have to wait for another shipment from China.

Peter

• 3 months later...

I decided I would like a new 2” diagonal and the Baader BBHS-Sitall seemed like it fit the bill.  A quick Google search did not turn up many stockists in the UK, but 365Astronomy were showing one remaining in stock.  I placed my order at around 10:30am on the 11th April.  I received a confirmation of my payment processing shortly thereafter.  This morning (2 days later) the diagonal arrived, very well packed and via Special delivery though I had not paid anything for shipping.  A quick and easy transaction.  The only improvement would have been an email to state that the package had been dispatched.  Cannot wait to try it out and compare its performance to the other diagonals I have.

• Like 1

I order a ZWO colour camera off 365 Astro as their website showed they had one in stock. I was later informed that they had 3 orders for this at the same time and stock would be available by the 25th

I called today and was told to wait another week as they had a delivery but not of these cameras. I then checked the website and they still showed one as stock when I had just been told they had none.

This to me is misleading and very annoying. I would expect suppliers to keep their websites up to date especially if they know they have no stock.

I was offered a discount on a USB3 version but that is not what I wanted as I had a tight budget and the USB2 would work well enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I needed a 1.25" non-rotating helical focuser for my stage 2 PST mod and the only supplier that seemed to sell them within my budget were 365 Astronomy. I was a bit concerned about comments recently about out of stock items not being reflected on the site and having long leads times when items stated as being in stock were actually not in stock. The approach therefore was to ring Zoltan on the office number. He was quick and helpful with his response advising that one was in stock and that he'd save that for me and take the product off the website for now (presumably until more stock comes in).

I then ordered online and the item was received within 48 hours. Really good service and the product is exactly as described and excellent value for money. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Just wondering what's going on at 365? I put in an order for £273 worth of gear almost a month ago, had the order confirmed and processed, but since then have heard nothing. Sent a couple of emails last week but they went unanswered. Txted and phoned yesterday and today but no response. Normally get very good service. 

• Beulah locked this topic

Two purchases recently from 365 Astonomy:

(1) The ever-popular ZWO ASI1600MM-cooled. I had been considering this ever since I started following Gina's progress with hers. It was on offer at 10% discount, so I decided to "jump". Despite saying "Available now from UK stock", it wasn't. An email to Zoltan produced a quick response, advising that this "only indicates that we now keep it in stock usually in the UK". For actual stock availability of their website you need to refer to the "traffic light button" (see image). OK, for £130 off, I'm not going to gripe too much about having to wait an extra few days. It arrived on Monday (8 days after it was ordered), well-packaged and secure.

(2) An adapter ring, to enable me to use 1.25" filters in the 2" filter thread of the EOS-lens adapter for this camera (an item I found to be not-easily sourced in the UK). This arrived this morning and does precisely what it says on the tin - screws into the 2" filter thread and accepts a 1.25" filter. Less than a week from ordering to delivery. Not going to complain about that.

All-in-all, a happy bunny, who now wants some clear skies so he can go out and play with his new toys.

Thanks.

365astro review.jpg

• 3 months later...

365 Astronomy offered me an excellent service.  Zoltan was quick in reply to my questions by email, service was swift and item was accurate.  He was happy to measure the item with digital calipers so I could verify precisely if it would fit.  

Cheers Zoltan ! 

I have an ED80 with a rubbish focuser.

So i spotted a Baader and reviews were great.

Being an impatient guy and with a few clear nights forecast i decided to take the plunge.

I rang 365Astronomy and asked the guy (not Zoltan) if they had the 2" BDS for refractors in stock and if they did express delivery, he said yes but let me check stock first, 5mins later he came back with good news, yes to both my questions,this was about 11.30am.

I then said can i do it over the phone or should i use the website? he said website please.

Phone down and item ordered, came to pay by paypal and page pops up saying something like "cannot complete sending you back to 365Astronomy, aargh.

Tried again, same thing, third time clicked pay by card and at end still offered paypal so clicked and all went through, so did the other two payments.

I immediately rang and was passed to Zoltan, he seemed to know there was an issue and said he would refund two of the payments.

Great, all is good, next day, checked paypal, no refunds, checked email, no confirmation email and no dispatch email :(

Rang again, spoke to Zoltan, sorry, sorry and sorry, money refunded within half hour, promised order by next day.

Next day comes and nice man delivers box, open it up and find that it doesn't fit my ED80 :( 

Rang again and spoke to man (not Zoltan) asked first why he didn't dispatch my promised order, i was brusquely told i don't do orders only emails ?.

Got put through to Zoltan who apologised.

I then told him it doesn't fit my scope, he said and i quote "there are hundreds of refractors" i said "in that case why wasn't i asked what refractor i had as it may not fit", he said and i quote, "you should have told us",  as you might imagine i'm now more than a little frustrated, i eventually get fed up listening to him try to shift the blame on to me and told him were to go.

I now have to send the item back at a cost of £11.00 for insured special delivery, i am utterly flabbergasted by the response i got from Zoltan and his colleague.

I know where i wont be shopping in the future, this is by a million miles the worst customer service i have ever had the displeasure of receiving.

This is a wholly honest review of exactly what happened to me when purchasing from 365Astronomy, I know the "customer is not always right", but, the customer in this case was certainly not the one in the wrong, i feel utterly sick about the way i have been made to feel regarding this whole scenario.

Edited by MARS1960

On 15/11/2018 at 15:10, MARS1960 said:

I have an ED80 with a rubbish focuser.

So i spotted a Baader and reviews were great.

Being an impatient guy and with a few clear nights forecast i decided to take the plunge.

I rang 365Astronomy and asked the guy (not Zoltan) if they had the 2" BDS for refractors in stock and if they did express delivery, he said yes but let me check stock first, 5mins later he came back with good news, yes to both my questions,this was about 11.30am.

I then said can i do it over the phone or should i use the website? he said website please.

Phone down and item ordered, came to pay by paypal and page pops up saying something like "cannot complete sending you back to 365Astronomy, aargh.

Tried again, same thing, third time clicked pay by card and at end still offered paypal so clicked and all went through, so did the other two payments.

I immediately rang and was passed to Zoltan, he seemed to know there was an issue and said he would refund two of the payments.

Great, all is good, next day, checked paypal, no refunds, checked email, no confirmation email and no dispatch email :(

Rang again, spoke to Zoltan, sorry, sorry and sorry, money refunded within half hour, promised order by next day.

Next day comes and nice man delivers box, open it up and find that it doesn't fit my ED80 :( 

Rang again and spoke to man (not Zoltan) asked first why he didn't dispatch my promised order, i was brusquely told i don't do orders only emails ?.

Got put through to Zoltan who apologised.

I then told him it doesn't fit my scope, he said and i quote "there are hundreds of refractors" i said "in that case why wasn't i asked what refractor i had as it may not fit", he said and i quote, "you should have told us",  as you might imagine i'm now more than a little frustrated, i eventually get fed up listening to him try to shift the blame on to me and told him were to go.

I now have to send the item back at a cost of £11.00 for insured special delivery, i am utterly flabbergasted by the response i got from Zoltan and his colleague.

I know where i wont be shopping in the future, this is by a million miles the worst customer service i have ever had the displeasure of receiving.

This is a wholly honest review of exactly what happened to me when purchasing from 365Astronomy, I know the "customer is not always right", but, the customer in this case was certainly not the one in the wrong, i feel utterly sick about the way i have been made to feel regarding this whole scenario.

Zoltan at 365 Astronomy has requested we post this response from him to criticisms raised by MARS1960: 

----------

re. MARS1960's feedback

Next day comes and nice man delivers box, open it up and find that it doesn't fit my ED80  

why wasn't i asked what refractor i had as it may not fit

customer mentioned that he ordered this same focuser from a different shop, but they didn't have it in stock, so they had to refund his order. 
I feel the customer was biased against us as It seems it wasn't an issue for the customer that that other shop didn't advise him that he might need an additional adapter. 
Also, I've talked to two shop managers and described to them the situation without mentioning customer's name (data protection!)  and both shop managers said that if a customer wanted this kind of product next day they would never consider that he didn't do his research. 
Also, the product description clearly indicated that there are various optional adapters available for the refractor version that the customer ordered and if the customer read the description, he would most likely understand that he would need one, hence he would have asked us and we'd be more than happy to help to find the right adapter.
When we first talked to the customer, the only question we had was whether we had it in stock and whether we could dispatch same day. Unfortunately we've failed to fulfil our promise to dispatch it on the same day due to an unforeseen circumstance. (We've apologised for this and dispatched it with one day delay.) My wife who worked in a care home in the morning could not return in time as she got flat tyre. She deals with Royal Mail dispatches so we could not dispatch everything that we planned.

Rang again and spoke to man (not Zoltan) asked first why he didn't dispatch my promised order, i was brusquely told i don't do orders only emails  

I think the problem was that my colleague picked up the phone and as he was not in on Wednesday he was not aware of what happened to this order... as far as I could hear their conversation, customer was not exactly nicely addressing him which took my colleague by quite a surprise as we are not used to such a tone. 

I now have to send the item back at a cost of £11.00 for insured special delivery, 

Customer asked to refund the return postage as well, although according to distant sales regulations we are not obliged to do so as there must be equal levels of losses when a customer returns an item. Never-the-less we've refunded the full value of his order and the £11 return postage as well.

i am utterly flabbergasted by the response i got from Zoltan and his colleague. 

I was trying to direct the conversation so that we resolve the issue, i.e. find the necessary adapter for the customer, but it didn't seem to be important for the customer, and he ended up shouting at me, which we've never had before in the 10 years of our business. I found his verbal abuse unacceptable and this was probably the first time I had to put down the phone before the end of a conversation.

As far as I can see, it did cost us a bit more than £20 (whilst not a penny to the customer) that he didn't read the product description or not carefully enough. 
This happens a lot to customers and we always try to be understanding and helpful to find a solution (as many of them would certainly confirm), but this was a first time when such a simple issue turned into some kind of psychological warfare. I guess I would probably be also shouting if a life-saving treatment for my family member didn't arrive in time, but this was merely about an optional telescope adapter, so I'm really at loss here.
Won't sound too scientific, but I guess I could only blame it on a bad alignment of the planets.

Zoltan, 365Astronomy

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

• 5 months later...

I had read the thread already on this section about 365 Astronomy and it had some very mixed reviews, some saying very good and others not so.

So reading these normally I would not order from them BUT it was the only site I could find suitable replacement Latitude adjustment bolts for the HEQ5 from in UK without resorting to Ebay. The price was very reasonable and postage reasonable at £3.85 so I ordered them.

And they appeared through my letterbox almost before I hit the return key. Super fast delivery, I can only report my experience with them and had absolutely no issues.

Steve

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just invested in a Prima Luce Eagle 3S which I bought through 365 Astro.

Arrived within the day, more importantly Zoltan helped me out where the manual failed to do so on the initial set up and connection to the remote PC. 5 star service. Thanks

I'll do an unbxing and set up review later. I bought it now as the forecast is rubbish anyway 🙂

• Like 2

Hi Folks 

Just to say that I've had a few dealings with Zoltan at 365 of late and can report that the service 

has been excellent , I have spoken to him a couple of times at length regarding some solar products 

and he has taken his time to listen and advise accordingly some great personal service here from a 

genuine family man 👍

Brian 

Edited by Solar B
  • Like 4

I ordered an SCT extension yesterday https://www.365astronomy.com/365astronomy-2-sc-extension-for-scts-schmidt-cassegrain-telescopes.html so that I can use my Baader Planetarium 'Crayford' focusser with my 're-modded' ETX105. Less than 24 hours later, I have received it. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @johninderby for forwarding me the link to it and Zoltan & staff at 365 Astronomy. Without my 'Crayford' would still be in the For Sale section.

Edited by Philip R

Any supplier can ship goods from stock and a carrier can deliver quickly. It is how they handle problems that makes an ordinary supplier into positively different, or indifferent, or poor, supplier.
I had things go wrong and leave it to the reader to form their own opinion based on the events.

I had been on the hunt for a couple of months for a 30mm RACI, to use on a small project.
365 were reporting Skywatcher stock. With the warning to email to verify stock before ordering, due to things rapidly moving.

April 30th. Friday before bank holiday. Sent email to check stock.
May 5th, Wednesday. Stock confirmed by email. Order placed same day.
May 6th. Email received confirming shipping.

May 7th. Friday. Order arrived. Oh dear! A straight finder!
I checked carefully. I had ordered correctly and the packing box had the RACI part number written in marker pen. Though no Skywatcher/Synta printed labelling on the finder or box.

May 7th evening. Email to 365 reporting the problem – with details of the packing/labelling.

May 11th, Tuesday. Reply from 365. Requesting photos of finder & box.
I sent a reply and photos within an hour. Also asked about the straight finder return.
A couple of hours later 365 replied, they had the correct finder in stock and asked me to use the cheapest return method.

May 14th, Friday, was my first opportunity to get to the post office.
May 17th, Monday. I had not received the correct finder and thought it useful to email my certificate of posting to 365 as a reminder. They did not respond.

May 24th, Monday. Email to 365. Reporting that I had still not received the correct finder.

May 25th. A very strange email from 365. Extract shown below.

Zoltan tells me that he has now found out what happened with you being sent the wrong finderscope, which appears to have been down to an error by the distributor.
He apologizes for that and is sending you the replacement today

I thought s
trange because the mistake had been identified and stock checked on or before May 11th.

May 26th. Email reporting shipping.

May 27th. Yippee a RACI finder arrived. With a ‘felt pen’ part number on the box again.

It took more than 3 weeks to receive a stock item.
I was not offered a return postage refund although it was the sellers problem.

• Sad 2