SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Norway!

andromedog

I've been checking out this site from time to time, but never actually made an account until now. As you can see from the title, I live in Norway. I'm passionate about astronomy and I bought my first scope two years ago, an Orion skywatcher explorer EQ3-2. Since then, I've started doing astrophotography (I'm not very good, but I'm working on it), and I've learned a ton about astronomy. 

I love that there are other people out there like me! You guys seem really knowledgeable and friendly :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Sirius Starwatcher said:

Hi and welcome to SGL. Are you very north with good clear dark skies or further south. 

I'm a few hours west of Oslo, a short drive away from mountains, forests and dark skies :) No aurora though, it's extremely rare where I live. I plan on moving to Tromsø next year, which is in the Arctic circle. It will be great to get away from all the light pollution down here. 

16 hours ago, Floater said:

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Your avatar pic had me puzzled for a minute. Similar to that of Michael (Mr Spock), one of our moderators. 

That's funny. I love Spock, I always use him as a 'default profile pic' :p 

55 minutes ago, andromedog said:

I'm a few hours west of Oslo, a short drive away from mountains, forests and dark skies :) No aurora though, it's extremely rare where I live. I plan on moving to Tromsø next year, which is in the Arctic circle. It will be great to get away from all the light pollution down here. 

I havnt been to Tromso and Hammerfest for about 35 years It's a stunning part f the world, I'm very envious enjoy your dark clear skies.

Hi Andromedog and welcome to SGL, as said we are a very friendly bunch, but as pointed out, your avatar is the same fictional character as used by our Moderator, Michael ( Mr Spock ) this could, in all possibility, give rise to some confusion in the future. It could be necessary to effect a change, in the meantime enjoy the forum :)

7 hours ago, andromedog said:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Must invite you down to London and show you some proper light pollution?

Hello and welcome :) 

My wife and I were in Norway a couple of months ago for a motorcycle holiday. We only went as far north as the Trollstigen though before coming back down the west coast. The next trip over there is going to have to be up to Nordkapp I think.  It is without question the most beautiful country I have been to and I want to move out there in a few years if I can.

I hope you find everything you need here; it's a great little community.

On 7. september 2016 at 23:01, andromedog said:

I've been checking out this site from time to time, but never actually made an account until now. As you can see from the title, I live in Norway. I'm passionate about astronomy and I bought my first scope two years ago, an Orion skywatcher explorer EQ3-2. Since then, I've started doing astrophotography (I'm not very good, but I'm working on it), and I've learned a ton about astronomy. 

I love that there are other people out there like me! You guys seem really knowledgeable and friendly :)

Hello from the middle of Norway :) Trøndelag :) 

Archived