SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGLXII Pitch Allocations - 7th September 2016

Grant

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have been allocated pitch 55 on "Hare" I'm interest to know were the pitch is located on the camp site. 

I've done the normal online searches but cant seem to find a sitemap on either the Lucksall website or via Google, I can only find this birds eye view

ariel-photo-end-aug-2012-010.jpg

Does anyone have a link to the sitemap or can tell me roughly were my pitch is located on the picture?

Thanks 

36 minutes ago, Mister E said:

As I have been allocated pitch 55 on "Hare" I'm interest to know were the pitch is located on the camp site. 

I've done the normal online searches but cant seem to find a sitemap on either the Lucksall website or via Google, I can only find this birds eye view

ariel-photo-end-aug-2012-010.jpg

Does anyone have a link to the sitemap or can tell me roughly were my pitch is located on the picture?

Thanks 

If you match Grant's allocation map so the river is correctly orientated, the positions of the fields are correct. Basically Hare is at the far end of the campsite, should be further from any lights. It is at the right hand end of your picture.

Thought I better show my face. Great pitch I got, thanks whoever. Loving this thread, very humerous. 

It's going to be an amazing weekend and really looking forward to it and meeting those of you that I have yet too. I may be letting a few small items go but will place this in relevant thread. 

Steve

Finding myself rather excited about this whole malarkey. Not sure if it's the prospect of dark sky imaging, the meeting up with like minded chaps and chapettes, or the prospect of blissful sleep away from my three year old daughter and three month old twins. Of course, I'll miss them loads, until the prospect of a lie in sinks in...

On 16 September 2016 at 09:00, bomberbaz said:

Thought I better show my face. Great pitch I got, thanks whoever. Loving this thread, very humerous. 

It's going to be an amazing weekend and really looking forward to it and meeting those of you that I have yet too. I may be letting a few small items go but will place this in relevant thread. 

Steve

Hi Steve don't suppose the Roller in your avatar will be one of the things you may let go !

1 hour ago, jimboozle said:

Finding myself rather excited about this whole malarkey. Not sure if it's the prospect of dark sky imaging, the meeting up with like minded chaps and chapettes, or the prospect of blissful sleep away from my three year old daughter and three month old twins. Of course, I'll miss them loads, until the prospect of a lie in sinks in...

I'm going for this order:

1. Away from the kids - because even if it rains all weekend and you find you don't actually like the people in person, you've still got this.
  2. Meeting the people - because the "not liking" them that I mentioned in point 1, won't happen, everyone is going to be really nice, friendly and helpful.
  3. The dark skies.

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:07, cjdawson said:

Or if you take on a rather less cinical point of view.....

Having every protection measure at every place that you can put them increases the likely hood of one of the protection measures kicking in if something happens.   More safety devices means more chance of being saved.

With that logic, for me it simply does not make sense to run a 16A cable from a box out of your control to a 4-gang (or whatever) without adding an RCD into the circuit at your end of the cable.  This way, you can say, at the far end if "foreign circuit" which "should" have safety devices - but you cannot guarentee they are working, it's on trust.    However, at your end of the cable there is an RCD, which you own.  You can test it, so you should be confident that it does work.  Therefore everything on your side of the power cable, is protected and in good working order.  You control everything about that part.   For the sake of £20-40 I wouldn't waste my time trying to cut corners.  If I can't find the RCD 4-gang without cable, get one with, and keep the existing cable as spare.

:icon_scratch: But my kit is no more at risk than if I was to buy.......

I assume your suggestion is to have an in-line RCD directly after the 16A socket so that the entire length of the cable running to the IP54 box ? as once there the 4 gang socket is protected by the RCD that plugs in to the 16a supply lead.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Joe12345 said:

Will I be alright with a caravan on a tent pitch?

I don't know Luksall and don't want to speak out of turn, but probably not - tent pitches are normally grass and caravan pitches hard standing.

On 19 September 2016 at 21:00, spaceboy said:

:icon_scratch: But my kit is no more at risk than if I was to buy.......

I assume your suggestion is to have an in-line RCD directly after the 16A socket so that the entire length of the cable running to the IP54 box ? as once there the 4 gang socket is protected by the RCD that plugs in to the 16a supply lead.

Yup - basically you'll have RCD protecting the 4gang, the 16A cable and then the site RCD protecting the supply again..

You could (if there's spare site plugs) use one for the astro gear and one for the tent gear.. that way if you accidentally trip the tent one .. the astro gear carries on.

Archived