Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

From a couple of years ago....  my old Opticstar80 F5, before I dropped it !!, with a 600D and a 60mm finder-guider set-up.  

The lap-top holder is from KakiBashi ( limited edition ) and is available from most skips.  I think I took this picture because I had got Phd2 to work for the first time and I felt like a 'real' astrophotographer.

IMG_3807.thumb.JPG.9b0cd1324c5b7683a3e6e6b4fb610b72.JPG

... and there seems to be a pair of eyes admiring the set-up from down the garden as well !!!!!.... yikes.

Edited by Craney
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Last chance for some decent terminator action before the "Snow Moon" on February 19th (a.ka. the full Hunger Moon by native American tribes due to the heavy snow falls making hunting more difficult)* 

I set up my two portable rigs for a shoot out ?

No competition actually as one is fantastic in times of poor seeing (Altair 60 EDF) and the other is best for crater exploration (C8 SCT)

Had a blast with both, I'll be processing the tons of data I collected shortly.

Excellent night sky with the eye of the bull in Taurus near the Moon - was great just to stand behind the scopes watching it all unfold ?

Notice our cat Luna on her inspection rounds LOL!

David

*Source: Starry Night Pro 7

y4mUlLAJzjhHqICEfSFJZvb7wxHxsZJiJhPLotkb  

y4mHjPgXAhHvUppTvwRDh07yMwFxzXIhUDiZAMnB

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, djpaul said:

Well Stu fitted the centre finder on when I purchased the scope from him 4 years ago.

I then upgraded the focuser which came with 2 more. 

Has it really been 4 years Paul? That is scary! You seem to have enjoyed the 120ED though ??

Yes you did . We arranged a price but you changed your mind on selling the focuser.

So you sold it to me with a T.S. optics focuser.

Since sold that and ordered a green moonlite.

At the time of buying the focuser it was a toss up of either up grade the 120 ed or buy the new s.w. 150 ed.

I did the right thing in my opinion. 

Its made a huge difference with my heavy eyepieces.

Edited by djpaul
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dannybgoode said:

How do you find the Mewlon Stu. Don’t see too many around. 

It is lovely Danny. Enjoying it, especially now it is collimated reasonably well and my GP-DX is upgraded with its losmandy clamp and giving me nice accurate gotos via skysafari. I can start relaxing and just enjoying my observing again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

It is lovely Danny. Enjoying it, especially now it is collimated reasonably well and my GP-DX is upgraded with its losmandy clamp and giving me nice accurate gotos via skysafari. I can start relaxing and just enjoying my observing again.

They have a really nice second hand one in RVO which, had it not been for my lack of willpower on the TMB, I’d be sorely tempted by :)

Here we go folks, this is my 12 inch Dob wearing its posh new Astrozap cloak pointing straight at Sirius this evening.

Gives you an idea of the elevation of Sirius and Orion too.....

20190221_203106.thumb.jpg.8db2c4f7c3b06135ad9e732e29d9747d.jpg

Edited by Geoff Barnes
  • Like 3

A quick session from 14th - clearest sky for a long time. Grab n go just in case the weather changed or it was too cold ? seems stamina decreases over time not outside at night.  

Got a couple of handheld iPhones 7 shots of a typical bright moon!

@Stu may recognise the scope. 

54E21D43-8441-47BB-847F-BCC8238E9DE2.jpeg

534436EE-56D1-49AF-9F1A-A7E48397D424.jpeg

79DC8E2F-FD4A-433F-89B1-52FE6F2DC8CC.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dannybgoode said:

They have a really nice second hand one in RVO which, had it not been for my lack of willpower on the TMB, I’d be sorely tempted by :)

Yes, looks lovely although significantly more than I paid for mine.

• Like 1

A bit bodged together in my case, but the garden storage box makes a handy place to rest the laptop.... And if you don’t have to skip around kids toys in the dark then you don’t know what you’re missing out on!

(Scope only so low because I’m having a late crack at M33... and for once I seem to be winning?)

5FDFCC2B-FB3F-48A6-A87F-05CB53B9FDE9.jpeg

• Like 3