Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

Don't think I've posted this one before. Lovely retro setup with my Televue f5 Genesis, 2" Everbrite diagonal and Docter 12.5mm UWA eyepiece (Thank you Gerry!), on the Vixen GP-DX mount with Skysensor 2000PC controller. Works beautifully, just need a Skysafari connection now and I'm away! Even without it, the controller is very good to use. 

20181108_192522.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cfpendock said:

And I especially like the big screen.  But it does look a bit tidy...

Chris

Thanks Chris, you're right... I've got "organisation" issues which means everything must have a place! lol!

The big screen is cool when there's a lot going on at the set up stage, it's a 40" screen that my daughter gave me as they replaced theirs - bargain ?

(Also great for playing Destiny II on PS4!)

David

No. 

Just get a small metal nail file and file away approx 4mm off the lug that stops it . Takes a while . I did it In stages. Once done it will go past 90 degrees.  I then used duck tape and a level to make it approx 90 degrees. 

Paul 

• Thanks 1

Here is my little mak 140mm in action last night. To be honest it was a bit of a frustrating session because of the dew, I didn't have my dew strips with me so had to give up in the end.

OMC140 on a Giro-WR, side by side with a TS72mm, Gitzo 5542LS tripod.

20181117_202944.jpg

20181117_202912.jpg

20181117_202927.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Another one from me, surprised the thread has been quiet, must be cloudy!

The little TS72mm again, on the Ercole this time, plus the 9x50 RACI finder. I was going to show my little daughter the crescent moon, but an annoying cloud bank blotted it out just before we got to look. Will have another try from the comet later.....

This is taken out at the front of the house where the street light is....

20181211_190925.jpg

20181211_191023.jpg

20181211_191011.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nojus said:

There isn't tabletop mount,it is not fully extended photo tripod,I've changed it to other mount..

Of course it is, but it was on top of a table, after all. ?

Picture nr 3 showed it as a regular tripod in the background.

Edited by wimvb
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2016 at 22:39, lux eterna said:

I´m standing to the left with the refractor and my DIY "MOC" (Mission Operations Control). It´s a box containing intervalometer and smartphone :icon_biggrin:

selfie2.jpg

Cool. Although, this photo looks flipped horizontally?

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2016 at 17:36, Timebandit said:

Wooooow, that really is light pollution on a grand scale. Lovely and high though and closer to the sky's. And great views of the city 

It makes my neck of the woods look like a positively registered Dark site location?

Mind you, it may not impossibly bad given he's much higher than street lights and signs. 

37 minutes ago, KevS said:

1735552007_WolfHowlingatMoon.thumb.jpg.5f61f8d5f5498f9c7e47d774a6f4c2a3.jpgThe Wolf and I howl at the Moon, any comments along the lines of you cannot be Sirius will be reported to the moderators. Don't know why its sideways BTW.

Hmm, all I see ids a big blank area with a 'half beefburger' icon in the centre.

image.png.6ba7c7902c5fd5b25436958a1c4cd718.png