SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Is that a 130mm? Bresser by the looks, planets must look sweet through a large frac.

Hi, it's the 152.. First time I looked at jupiter my jaw dropped and it wasn't even good seeing. I prefer it to my 10" dob which now never gets used. Felt like a kid at Xmas. ? 

Jas

2 minutes ago, RiponJas said:

Hi, it's the 152..

Oh my gosh, a 152mm Frac, my Mak is 150, i can't imagine the view in a 152mm frac with no central obstruction, is it a triplet? now you've really aroused my curiosity, the possibilities are endless!

I tried binoviewing with my TMB/LZOS 130 triplet yesterday evening. First time that I've managed to get properly merged image with binoviewers and managed to reach focus withouth a barloe element in place. Whether I'll get bitten by the BV bug I don't know but it was fun :smiley:

tmbbino01.JPG

tmbbino02.JPG

tmbbino03.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Oh my gosh, a 152mm Frac, my Mak is 150, i can't imagine the view in a 152mm frac with no central obstruction, is it a triplet? now you've really aroused my curiosity, the possibilities are endless!

Haha,  it's not actually great spec on paper compared to many but for me it works a dream. The diagonal supplied was as good as a toy so upped that to a 2" dielectric and that made a massive difference. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Taken a few night ago, using my dual ED80s to image the Veil nebula.  30s exposure, 18mm kit lens, ISO1600, using a Canon 400d.

I was looking at that thing "that''s not the veil and not his usual quality..." then I scrolled down and saw the scope.

• Haha 2

On 05/08/2018 at 19:12, John said:

I tried binoviewing with my TMB/LZOS 130 triplet yesterday evening. First time that I've managed to get properly merged image with binoviewers and managed to reach focus withouth a barloe element in place. Whether I'll get bitten by the BV bug I don't know but it was fun :smiley:

tmbbino01.JPG

tmbbino02.JPG

tmbbino03.JPG

Slightly late replying to this but that sounds like progress John after so many attempts. I think the WOs are excellent - give them a try in your solar scope - on days of activity they bring surface details to life

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, geordie85 said:

Looks like you've got really nice skies to image under. 

Mine are orange. 

They aren’t too bad! Tonight was really nice, I was able to get the kids out in proper darkness due to clocks going back, so they had a quick tour of the sky before bed. They are 4 and 5 so normally it’s bath/bed time before dark.  I’m pretty sure they will be the only kids in school who know what a Bhatinov mask is used for ?

DA1ABB0C-48DA-4982-8E1D-A34B6A649F69.jpeg

• Like 8

My 2 year old son had his first telescopic experience tonight. He was so excited since he's seen me setting up, but never looked through my scope (neither have I though as I only use it for astrophotography). 

He couldn't see anything but said he could see stars then it got too cold for him. 

I was over the moon at his excitement though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, geordie85 said:

My 2 year old son had his first telescopic experience tonight. He was so excited since he's seen me setting up, but never looked through my scope (neither have I though as I only use it for astrophotography). 

He couldn't see anything but said he could see stars then it got too cold for him. 

I was over the moon at his excitement though. 

My 3 year old is like that too. Even if he sees nothing (he hasn’t quite got the eyepiece / face angle right yet!) if he’s in the thick of it, he’s happy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James said:

Chilly moonlit night here in East Devon... very rough and ready/quick photo of kit... would have had my son Tom with me but tomorrow's a school day :(

Not half term next week then?

James

Here's my rig tracking M31 from 1830 to 2200hrs - fantastic run over the last two nights ?

y4muVwu6I8UEbWYRMEVcuu5-ZOtijX1UrnSQg1A5

But it was a lot warmer in the "warm" room ?

y4mir6Ad8cNkOrz6zjPoZ2r91UncWKlGhc37R2wD

David

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Excuse the cables! Just a test run getting new camera up running with APT ?

I was looking all over for your guide scope and camera LOLOLOL! ?