Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Optics VX12 1/10pv

I ordered one of these in early May and sent an email request for a collection date this morning.

The response said:

Hi Derek,

We should be contacting you next week.

:headbang:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi . Nice choice of scope this. I have one of these OOVx scopes and well happy? with the decision. I think you will be pleased also?.                                                                                             I did read somewhere that in this country there seems to be a bit of debate if a 1/10 mirror was going to be of benefit due to the atmosphere conditions?. But my feelings on this was if you are going to get one of these Orion optics uk scopes rather than the mass production type was I wanted the best I could afford as well as the best possible views I could get when atmosphere condition may allow(even though it may be a rare fleeting glimmer from time to time). So like yourself 1/10 it had to be and I am glad I took this choice and have not regretted it ,as the  last thing I wanted was the What If Factor of regretting going for a lower pv mirror and then thinking about upgrading. In my opinion these scopes are a one in a lifetime purchase so get it right first time as I am sure these scopes can last a lifetime so be happy with your choice☺

36 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Hi . Nice choice of scope this. I have one of these OOVx scopes and well happy? with the decision. I think you will be pleased also?.                                                                                             I did read somewhere that in this country there seems to be a bit of debate if a 1/10 mirror was going to be of benefit due to the atmosphere conditions?. But my feelings on this was if you are going to get one of these Orion optics uk scopes rather than the mass production type was I wanted the best I could afford as well as the best possible views I could get when atmosphere condition may allow(even though it may be a rare fleeting glimmer from time to time). So like yourself 1/10 it had to be and I am glad I took this choice and have not regretted it ,as the  last thing I wanted was the What If Factor of regretting going for a lower pv mirror and then thinking about upgrading. In my opinion these scopes are a one in a lifetime purchase so get it right first time as I am sure these scopes can last a lifetime so be happy with your choice☺

I agree with all of that and my thought process on ordering the 1/10pv mirror was for much the same reason. The upgrade from 1/6pv to 1/10pv was £185 - which in the context of this scope didn't seem like a huge jump so why not have the top notch mirror just in case that crystal clear sky ever appears :smile:

Nice one Derek, I bet you cant wait to get out and use it :happy7: they are a seriously good looking scope and I also think the extra small waves are worth it for £185 or 0.0000001% of the cost of your eyepiece collection :dink:

8 hours ago, Timebandit said: In my opinion these scopes are a one in a lifetime purchase so get it right first time as I am sure these scopes can last a lifetime so be happy with your choice☺

:thumbsup:

On 17/06/2016 at 18:34, DRT said:

I ordered one of these in early May and sent an email request for a collection date this morning.

The response said:

:headbang:

This is pretty much what one would expect.  You will surely be happy with it when it does arrive, though.

5 hours ago, spaceboy said:

Hope the skies were clear for you on your hols. Wish I could get out the UK for a breather from all this rain :clouds2:

The sky was unbelievable! I was in the mountains 70 miles east of Porto on a vineyard in the middle of the Douro valley. The Milky Way was clearly visible and it was so dark with so many stars that I had real difficulty identifying constellations. M13 was visible to the naked eye. The only problem? I took no equipment with me :cry:

Archived