Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGLXII Bookings Now Open!

Grant

The SGLXII Star Party dates are Oct 28th - Nov 3rd 2016. 

We have decided to move the event to the end of the camping season, rather than at the beginning. So, rather than ask you to wait eighteen months we are having a second SGL Star Party this year. A bonus! 

Main event dates are Fri 28th & Sat 29th Oct. You are of course welcome to extend your stay into the following week until Thu 3rd Nov.

The pitch allocation process is a little different. Lucksall will initially assign pitches then, after a month or so when the majority of pitches are booked, they will assign actual pitch numbers. They will do thier best to take into account individual preferences but thier choices will largely be based on ‘first come first served’.

Pitches can be booked via the FLO website:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sglxii-booking/sgl12-pitch-booking.html

Food can be booked at the same time or, if you prefer, nearer the time. We will post reminders here at SGL.

If enough people request it we will hold a Sunday Lunch (https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/269375-sgl-xii-sunday-lunch/). Please vote if you would like this, if we receive 40+ votes we will arrange it then setup a booking page. 

Please read our further information, terms & conditions and red-light policy page prior to booking:

We are looking forward to seeing you there :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2016 at 16:51, bomberbaz said:

friday and saturday booked, as well as the riday curry and saturday hogroast, be rude not too. 

The Mrs, "What, you'll be gone for two whole nights!" Well it is south wales darling!

2 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

The Mrs, "What, you'll be gone for two whole nights!" Well it is south wales darling!

Presumably you will be attending the Geography Workshop? :lol:

18 hours ago, DRT said:

Presumably you will be attending the Geography Workshop? :lol:

And hoping that Mrs Steve doesn't happen to look at a map!!!!

I've booked 3 nights, but have yet to inform local government that I have taken liberties with the originally negotiated Sat night only planning permission..... Mrs 73 has a very sound grasp of geography....

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

No pitch allocations have been done yet - as per the announcement and the information page Lucksall will be doing the allocating and will wait into a majority of bookings are in before providing the allocation list - I wouldn't expect the first list for another few weeks at least.

I am monitoring to ensure we don't oversell so rest assured there is still space and everyone booked so far will have a pitch :)

sorry misunderstood then, i thought i had read that as it was at the end of their season SGL were doing the sorting

of pitches unlike last time when things got a bit confused :)  will wait and see then

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Daz,

Thought I would let you know that I will not be attending this SGL event as I have booked 11 nights at the Galloway Star Party (Scotland's Premier Party).

I will miss the chatter and Hog Roast, but the really dark skies at Galloway was a bigger draw....

Trust you, Tracey and the rest of the regulars have a great time.

Cheers

Adrian

righto, taken the plunge and booked myself onto my first star party.  I'm good at the camping bit (ex-infantry officer), but may need some help working out which end of the telescope points up, as I'm pretty new to this lark!

will get the masking tape out and find the fusebox on the landy - I'm not going to be THAT newbie...

Looking forward to it.

jim

On 07/07/2016 at 12:36, jimboozle said:

righto, taken the plunge and booked myself onto my first star party.  I'm good at the camping bit (ex-infantry officer), but may need some help working out which end of the telescope points up, as I'm pretty new to this lark!

will get the masking tape out and find the fusebox on the landy - I'm not going to be THAT newbie...

Looking forward to it.

jim

Great to hear you are joining us Jim and I hope you enjoy you first star party. Everyone is really friendly and always willing to help.

Please note that a hearty Reveille on the bugle at 6 a.m. is unlikely to win you friends amongst the Dob Mob as they will only just have finished their vodka slammers :wink:

20 hours ago, DRT said:

Great to hear you are joining us Jim and I hope you enjoy you first star party. Everyone is really friendly and always willing to help.

Please note that a hearty Reveille on the bugle at 6 a.m. is unlikely to win you friends amongst the Dob Mob as they will only just have finished their vodka slammers :wink:

No danger of that old bean! I was an officer so am quite fond of a lie in. The batman might wake you when he's preparing my devilled kidneys though

4 hours ago, jimboozle said:

No danger of that old bean! I was an officer so am quite fond of a lie in. The batman might wake you when he's preparing my devilled kidneys though

did someone mention batman :happy11:

On 08/07/2016 at 18:02, DRT said:

that never finishes Derek :icon_biggrin:

Right, sorted, Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday nights booked along with Curry and Hogroast. If the Sunday Lunch deal is viable I'll have that too. Of course, we mustn't forget those wonderful Monster Breakfasts eh Titch :-)

7 hours ago, BobSki said:

Right, sorted, Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday nights booked along with Curry and Hogroast. If the Sunday Lunch deal is viable I'll have that too. Of course, we mustn't forget those wonderful Monster Breakfasts eh Titch :-)

Just in case you forgot Bob  :evil62:

Brekkie.jpg

1 hour ago, DRT said:

There is definitely room on there for another sausage and a couple of extra rashers :wink:

Yeah I know but the tight fisted devils don't believe in giving big portions :icon_biggrin:

Archived