NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGLXII Bookings Now Open!

Grant

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I had a search and couldn't find the answer.

If I want to do my customary Wednesday to Sunday do I book the first two nights direct with the campsite?

As it's the end of the season can I book more than four nights without having to move my tent?

The rally field is already booked prior to the Friday so you cannot book before then unless you book privately with the camp site somewhere else on the park.

The rule around moving your tent after 4 nights still applies but, if you are on one of the new tent friendly hard standing pitches then you don't need to.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes :) there are still plenty of spaces available at the moment.

I've asked Lucksall to send across the pitch allocations so far so hopefully will be able to upload a plan of the booked pitches so far in the next week too.

On 7/15/2016 at 09:42, spaceboy said:

All booked up and God help you all as I'm bringing both the kids this time :evil4::D 

I have just booked up, sat, sunday and monday, and yes i will have the Tal for you to have a peek, and bringing the sstro systems 150 f6

46 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

I have just booked up, sat, sunday and monday, and yes i will have the Tal for you to have a peek, and bringing the sstro systems 150 f6

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for crystal clear skies mate :) It will be nice to catch up again as it has been a few years now.

Im thinking about going to the event over the weekend, but im a bit apprehensive as i just haven't had time to use by gear ive purchased, due to work and life,

i dont want to turn and not know what im doing. Are there many newbies at the event and is there a newbie area ?.

Im looking to do astrophotography but my limit it to just observing for the weekend.

Views from others on the subject would be much appreciated.

Mark

2 minutes ago, Astroframer said:

Im thinking about going to the event over the weekend, but im a bit apprehensive as i just haven't had time to use by gear ive purchased, due to work and life,

i dont want to turn and not know what im doing. Are there many newbies at the event and is there a newbie area ?.

Im looking to do astrophotography but my limit it to just observing for the weekend.

Views from others on the subject would be much appreciated.

Mark

Plenty of newbies and plenty of know alls to put you right Mark, you'll probably wish they'd go away and leave you in peace in the end :grin:

Dave

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Plenty of newbies and plenty of know alls to put you right Mark, you'll probably wish they'd go away and leave you in peace in the end :grin:

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply, I will look at getting a pitch booked. thanks for the info.

Hi, I'm about to book a pitch and I'm a the "Total Number Of People Staying" question: at the moment it's just me, but someone else may join me (they are not sure just yet), is this ok to add him on at a later date? He won't need another pitch.

Thanks

22 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I live about 45 mins drive from Lucksall. Is it allowed to just turn up for an evening without camping?

I'm in a G&S production on Friday and Saturday but I could do Sunday or later.

Thanks.

I don't think that would be a problem at all, Jim. There are one or two members here who do exactly that so I am sure you would be most welcome to come along. What I'm not sure of is whether or not you would be able to bring along your own set-up as you won't have a pitch to put it on. I'm sure Grant will clarify soon.

13 minutes ago, DRT said:

I don't think that would be a problem at all, Jim. There are one or two members here who do exactly that so I am sure you would be most welcome to come along. What I'm not sure of is whether or not you would be able to bring along your own set-up as you won't have a pitch to put it on. I'm sure Grant will clarify soon.

Hi Derek. That's a shame about maybe not be able to bring our own set ups along. Do you think one of the Dob mob would lend me one of their 20 to 22" cannons to have a peek through for an hour or two??????

2 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Hi Derek. That's a shame about maybe not be able to bring our own set ups along. Do you think one of the Dob mob would lend me one of their 20 to 22" cannons to have a peek through for an hour or two??????

I'm not saying that you can't bring kit along, simply saying that I don't know :wink:

As to the question of peeking through other people's scopes - that is compulsory for everyone!  :grin:  (with the owner's permission, of course)

5 hours ago, Mister E said:

I'm booked for Fri, Sat & Sun nights, incl curry & hog roast and this will be my first ever star party :icon_biggrin:   

mine too, hope the weather place nicely; even if it doesn't it will be good to meet some faces that hang out here and maybe leech some of their knowledge and experience :)

40 minutes ago, rockystar said:

mine too, hope the weather place nicely; even if it doesn't it will be good to meet some faces that hang out here and maybe leech some of their knowledge and experience :)

you going too Lee, bew good to meet up again. Looking forward to it big time

Archived