Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

21 minutes ago, mapstar said:

After a bit of judicous erasing it looks fab.

I forgot about the double double too 

I knew there was something else we had viewed, but I couldn't remember what! Thank you. Another update needed lol :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Updated viewing notes. On a second look at the computer simulation, and after a discussion with Damian, I think it was more than likely Enceladus and Rhea I sketched with Titan out of the FOV below Rhea :)

IMG_20160605_202749.jpg

Love this!

You forgot to mention the curlywurlys (Highlight of the cloud watching period) ?

25 minutes ago, ThinkingChimp said:

Love this!

You forgot to mention the curlywurlys (Highlight of the cloud watching period) ?

How could we forget those!

Jupiter, Vega and Arcturus already making an appearance.

It's a shame last night wasn't like this 

Great pic Eric! It looked like a complex process! Best I ever managed was half the moon by holding my phone up to the eyepiece :happy11:

Typical weather its looking like a clear night tonight. Re collimated the scope today, think the secondary was dropped too far down the tube which would explain the obvious error I couldn't seem to adjust out. Gonna watch the ISS pass at 22.45 so might stay on to do a quick star test otherwise i won't be staying up late, felt pretty wacked today after last night .

Love the sketch Vicky! Forgot my log book last night so no old skool doodling for me :hiding:

Was good to meet you properly Rich and I hope you get your scope sorted. We had quite a good night in the end, didn't we. I always write up my notes into my viewing log but I don't do as many sketches as I should. Love getting out with the gang for a good viewing session :)

Just wrote my session up which is unusual for me as I normally do it on the night per object.  Some great note's in there.

Got the mighty finder at the ready and I'm going to try for the ISS before heading for bed. Shame I can't be out tonight but there will be plenty more. Only 15 more days to the skies turning :grin:

Well the ISS pass and star test turned into a mini session :hello2: i guess one advantage of owning a small scope.

Quick look at Saturn through the trees - I love that planet, followed by one rather good ISS pass (hi Tim) Odd to think there are people on that thing!

Next up Jupiter, a bit washed out but showing the four Galilean moons nicley. Moved onto Mars - shimmering red blob - I'm seeing a pattern with this one.

Finally attempted to split the double double in Lyra (not done this before) managed a hint of two stars on one of the doubles - two sets of diffraction spikes were visable but no clear gap. Any idea how much mag I need for this one? Was at 166x maybe more since I pulled the eyepiece out of the Barlow as much I could.

Suffice to say the collimation seemed pretty bang on for once so I might actually be able to find M57 now assuming its where its meant to be :grin:

1 hour ago, rich6626 said:

Great pic Eric! It looked like a complex process! Best I ever managed was half the moon by holding my phone up to the eyepiece :happy11:

Typical weather its looking like a clear night tonight. Re collimated the scope today, think the secondary was dropped too far down the tube which would explain the obvious error I couldn't seem to adjust out. Gonna watch the ISS pass at 22.45 so might stay on to do a quick star test otherwise i won't be staying up late, felt pretty wacked today after last night .

Love the sketch Vicky! Forgot my log book last night so no old skool doodling for me :hiding:

I was having a go at Jupiter before it rides off into the Sunset lol, Good ISS pass tonight 

2 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Awsome Eric. Great image! What length of video did you use for it and what did you process it in?

I did 3 videos in icap software (came with the camera) at 3 minutes each. then put them through PIP & then Registax, its just a case of messing about with it, I am hoping to start some form Photo shop type manipulation to get things better.

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

How could we forget those!

Jupiter, Vega and Arcturus already making an appearance.

It's a shame last night wasn't like this 

Yeah your right Damian sods law i suppose, i have just done a alignment on Vega & Arcturus so i can follow/track Jupiter a bit better, well was hour ago actually lol

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

I did 3 videos in icap software (came with the camera) at 3 minutes each. then put them through PIP & then Registax, its just a case of messing about with it, I am hoping to start some form Photo shop type manipulation to get things better.

Good effot Eric, I like it! ive just come in from imaging saturn tongight but i dont think my videos are the best this time. but i shall see what i get out of them

10 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Good effot Eric, I like it! ive just come in from imaging saturn tongight but i dont think my videos are the best this time. but i shall see what i get out of them

Same here but with Jupiter

Archived