Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget it is our meeting this Thursday at 7.30pm at Horbury Academy. This month we give a warm welcome to our guest speaker Richard Darn who will be giving his talk entitled "In Search of Dark Skies". This is very topical given the light pollution petition many of us have signed and promoted recently. Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible :)

4 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Don't forget it is our meeting this Thursday at 7.30pm at Horbury Academy. This month we give a warm welcome to our guest speaker Richard Darn who will be giving his talk entitled "In Search of Dark Skies". This is very topical given the light pollution petition many of us have signed and promoted recently. Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible :)

Thanks for the heads up. Will try to make it down.

Just now, Vicky050373 said:

Why do we do this?????? 

Seriously though, I can think of several. What has sparked this debate?

Ahhhh I think you are thinking too deep? It's actually not a question for today but tomorrow :icon_bounce:

1 minute ago, mapstar said:

Ahhhh I think you are thinking too deep? It's actually not a question for today but tomorrow :icon_bounce:

Me? Think deep? This is Ursula you're taking about lol

I was thinking of questions like: what is dark matter? What is dark energy? Why is the Sun's corona so hot? Is there life within or own solar system? Will the clouds ever go away?????

I presume you are referring to a question in Richard's talk, such as will LP prevent any productive astronomy very soon? Yes, it certainly will, and already is doing so in many areas :(

I was thinking: when are those clouds going to go away? we can turn off all thee lights in a hundred mile radius, but still can't see through those damn clouds...

Sounds like it will be a good talk though, shame I live too far away :(

Archived